Guys, How would you feel about your girlfriend having a male best friend?

Her best friend is a straight male, how would you feel about it?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• That is all dictated by what level of trust I have for my girl. I trust my wife unconditionally. I know if said male friend were to try or say anything out of the way that she would not only shut dude down but she would tell me what was said or done. Some will say well if she put a stop to it herself what was the point in telling you anything? It's all mutual respect and open honesty. I didn't have to be told that it happened , but I would feel more at ease and happy that I heard it from her that someone else's distorted version of what actually took place

What Guys Said 27

• she's dating me. if thats her best friend, it means he or her already rejected the other most likely so im ok with the friendship and i will try to befriend the dude as well to make the relationship better for me and my girl.

A friendship made afterwards tho Fuck out of here

• Well it's not something I prefer but as long as they haven't had any sexual history together then I'd be ok with it.

• That's fine, I want to meet the guy however

• Never liked it. Because in most cases I was her "best-friend", but it's a matter of trusting her and not him.

• Tbh i tend to avoid girls with guy friends. Especially if the guy is a bff with the girl or if she has many guy friends ( possibly outnumbering their girlfriends). May be ny experience but these girls tend to have boundary issues with these "friends" and when you call them out, she will just say its her friend and get angry. Ill just dump then and there when that happens. Also a lot of them tend to be drama queens. There are too many girls who are only casual friends with guys or even have no real guy friends, out there, to have to put up with this shit...

• I simply sense too much bullshit and lying, partners cheat on each other more than ever. I would have to meet the guy, but could i accept? thats another story.

• Why would I have a problem with it? If I can't trust her to have other male friends then what's the point of dating?

• This new idea of a girl having a guy has a best friend is ridiculous. Girls can share female secrets with guys not because guys would listen but they wouldn't understand. I wish I had a girl as my best friend plus my wife. It would hide the older concept of, "fooling around." That's sarcasm people so don't yell at me but I think that is what a best friend of the opposite sex really is what turns out to be

• Yeah I mean just her friend. We have female friends would you be ok with her telling you to not have female friends. I'd be fine with it. Relationship required trust. Works case she will cheat if she wants to cheat, her male best friend or not. Unlikely if she was to cheat it'll be her best friend.

• I'd be cool, since she has to be cool about me having a female best friend.

• not cool. every female friend I've had I've had sex with.

• A relationship is not an ownership. She's allowed to have friends. Now, if they started doing shit that went beyond a friendly level, I'd boot her to the curb.

• TBH I would feel a little concerned and jealous, it just my natural response to it. But it I really love/like her I would get over it

• I'd tell her that either he goes or i do. Cuz that's just not acceptable. Simple as that.

• My best friend is a girl. I still would be kind of concerned

• Don't care

• Its okay that she has a guy friend. Font get possessive unnecessarily. She'd hate that. Give her the freedom any girl deserves. But tell her loyalty is all that matters.

• Her only male best friend is going to be me.

• What if she knew him for a long time and it was like a brother and sister type relationship?

• I'd be jealous.

• I would be jealous because as her boyfriend I want to be her best friend.

• Awesome she know how to hang out with the boy. Sound fun

• its ok, as long as she does not say anything about me and my female best friend.

• Not be okay

• Trust is part of a relationship. Her friends are none of my business.

• Completely indifferent, why?

• Extremely annoyed

• To tell the truth it would depend on attractive he is if he was very attractive than I wouldn't feel right about it ):

• They say it takes a secure man to accept something like that... however, I'm not that secure XD and I think that whole "secure" thing is total bs.

I've met women who have guy friends... only to learn that the woman and the guy friend used to fuck around sometimes.

I try my hardest to avoid women who have guy friends, because I cannot trust a woman who spends a lot of time alone with a guy.

Guys love sex... so... where is he getting it?

• I have a female friend who I have known for a long time, but the thing is she is like a sister to me.