Should I let my boyfriend sleep with other people?

We met when I started going to school in Austin. He's from there but I'm from San Antonio. Now I'm home for the summer and we haven't seen each other since late April (but we text all the time). I was supposed to be in Austin during the first week of June but my plans fell through. Should I go ahead and let him sleep with other people? I probably won't be in Austin again until August and I'm not sure it's realistic to have him wait for me. He loves sex just as much as the next guy and I just don't want him to resent me.

Thanks!
P. S. Not sure this makes a difference but September will be our one year anniversary.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't allow it. He knew the situation when you started seeing each other. Will he let you fuck other guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not have Skype sex?

He sounds like a pathetic person if he can't wait. It's not like you want to withhold it from him and that you want it just as much as he does. So it's not fair if he satisfies his needs but you're left out to have no pleasure.

What Guys Said 12

• Really, you would let/allow your boyfriend to sleep with others just cause been apart physical what, so far just 1 month? Im crazy passionate myself, but I gone over a year without sleeping with anyone in a long distance relationship. While I get it that not everyone can be patient sort of and many no doubt are just simply shallow, I certainly wouldn't say its unrealistic to have him wait until August. You can of course please each other in different ways, sexting, skype/cam stuff etc.

• where's your morals? the fuck?

• No. You need to value yourself more. If he's your boyfriend then he needs to wait for you. It's perfectly realistic to have him do that. If he can't do it then he needs to break up.

• No. Of course not.

• Well if i was in a committed realationship i would be able to withhold sex for some time... You dont have to do that if you dont like it..

• Are you saying you couldn't wait that long without sleeping with someone else?

• Wtf lol nah.

• Your relationship won't really mean much if he's with other women, will it?

• Dont do it, you could actually lose him.. If he loves you he will wait.

• Wait wot

• Nope he would not be really loving you!!!

• Sorry about your Spurs

Im from Cleveland

I don't think you should let him have sex with other girls. Your his girlfriend, not his playtoy

What Girls Said 9

• If he truly cares for you, loves you, then he won't want to sleep with other women. And you wouldn't want him to. Build some higher respect for yourself. You deserve a man who wants and will stay true to you. If he doesn't, then he's not a good catch... release him back to the sea.

• I think that's something you need to talk to your boyfriend about. But I personally wouldn't be comfortable knowing my boyfriend was out screwing around with other girls regardless of the situation.

• Do you want to have an open relationship? If you are okay with that and won't get pissed off later, then discuss it with him, yeah.

• If you're having doubts then I don't think you should.

• Absolutely not. If you're in a relationship with someone you're with them. If he "resents" you for not being there to have sex with him, then he's not the right guy. If you are in a committed relationship you should both be able to wait for each other. Yes, sex is a huge part of a relationship and I love sex just as much as the next person as well. But the wait will be worth it :-)

• Bad idea bad idea bad idea...
    Unless you guys have both extensively discussed it... dont

Itll ruin you guys.

• If you're really ok with that...

• !!! NO !!!

• honey , you have to love yourself. if you think distance will keep your man from being faithful due to the fact that he loves sex, maybe you should just call it quits with the guy.