I hate being shy?

im 24 and so shy... i hate it, im not afraid to talk to people, more if they ask about my private life I get shy... i have no idea why... i never had a boyfriend because of my shyness... not even sex... how can I change

Most Helpful Guy

• I highly suggest joinging a young adult group with people your age. Over time you will get to open up and relax around them. If you all go to a 2 day even you will all be friends in no time. I'm also really shy and I just joined my church's young adult group in August. There were like two people there that I knew so I joined a small click to get to know other poeple. The click formed when I joined so it was easy and not really a contous effort on my part. Anyways long story short it was areally bad idea because it was mostly females so it took me way longer to open up and not be shy in it. So find a group your comfortable with. The small click broke up at the end of the last semester so I have still been getting to know poeple there. Recently we went on a retreat with 30 of us. I knew %90 of the poeple there and I had a fun car ride up with and old freind. When I got to the cabins I had left my shyness at home and I got to be an extrovert again which felt great. All weekend I just had fun and praised God to my hearts content. Now that I'm back I'm still a bit shy but not nearly as much. Encase your wondering I'm a shy extrovert with introvert tendencies. Until I was put into the spot of not needing to be shy I was extra shy for the longest time because I was with the wrong poeple or no poeple at all. Find a place your comfortable at and stay their till you get used to coming out of your shell. After your neck get's used to movie most of the time you can control your shyness.

Most Helpful Girl

• Practice being confident

What Guys Said 11

• Are you shy about telling things about your private life to your friends or to strangers? If it's your friends, I would start slow and pick one friend you trust and talk to them about it. Maybe talk about your shyness and/or your inexperience with guys. If you start somewhere small, you can make notable progress.

If it's strangers, what kind of topics are you unwilling to talk about? Because I can understand being shy/withholding about private details with strangers. If you're willing to speak with strangers but just not tell them certain things, then I think that's okay.

• Lots of people are shy, so don't think of it as something bad. With time, i think you will overcome it. What i find helps is to put yourself in social environments. Like joining a sports club or something similar. I remember an old saying "What you resist will persist". So maybe try accepting your shyness and in time you will become more confidant. Talk more to people

• Practice being more outgoing. Social skills dont happen in a vacuum, but instead are learned. For some reason you learned to being shy and reserved along the way and you need to relearn now being more outgoing. And the best way to do it is to practice.

• You are worried about being judged so you dont like opening yourself up and telling people about your personal life. You need to stop worrying about what people think of you and just be okay with letting people know the real you.

• You don't have to change that. Once you get into a relationship you'll open up a little more to your SO. Just try and meet guys and not think about it.

• There is nothing bad on beeing shy , personaly I feal shy when I ask a girl somthing so just try to get better in opening ur personal life no need to rush it just slowly small baby steps ;)

• You dont have to change. Im ptetty sure there wipp be guys out thrre wgo will be comoatible with your personality. After all eould you want someone to be attracted to a fake you or the real you?

• maybe your a shy introvert

• By adding skykidx1 on kik lol or Skype no nudes am dhytoo your just worried aboutbeing judgy

• Come visit me I can fix that baby

• Never had a boyfriend and you blame your shyness? Usually shyness and social anxiety will hurt guys more than girls because guys have to be the initiators

What Girls Said 1