Guys, am I too honest?

I have recently been dumped because he didn't like the way I spoke to him. I happen to have hmmm how do I put it... no filter?

Now if someone treats me with respect thats exactly what you'll get from me, but same goes for disrespect. Equal. I get the feeling I am not docile enough for him, however does that mean I'm meant to just take it when my boyfriend is being unreasonably and a little rude and acting a little macho.

by the way I have tried to answer back respectively as well, no luck... and I'm sorry I just don't kiss ass.

What Guys Said 3

• If you've got no class, no tact, and spew mean shit at people all the time, you can't complain when people don't want to be around you.

I don't know you, so I can't say that this applies to you, but you've stated you're dumped because he didn't like the WAY you spoke to him, but 'no filter' means WHAT you said was bad. There is a difference. The mean person with no tact says "Get the fuck away from me, you stink like shit." The person with class just moves up wind.

Additionally if you're going to claim the way you speak as part of your personality, then don't apologize for it. You are who you are, and if he can't handle it, then you weren't meant to be, and it's good he's gone. Now you can go find someone with thicker skin.

• Thank you very much, I see what you mean. I can admit my message can be wrapped in a nicer box... I've never had to apologize for how I speak this is the first time I've had someone tell me I'm too blunt. I'm not the type to say " Go brush your teeth, you're breath is rank"... I'd say "Listen, here's some gum"
      But I just wanted to know if maybe it's best to not say anything at all.
      Little bit of doubt going on. Again i appreciate your feedback :)

• Very happy to help.
      I grew up with a mother and 5 aunties who "speak plainly" as they like to call it.
      Honestly, until I met more of them here in the US I assumed it was because they all came from a European culture.

• Continue on as you are. If a guy can't respect a self respecting woman then that's his loss.

• I just say whatever people want me to say, just avoids any conflict.