How do I get out of this date if I've already cancelled on him yesterday? What should I tell the guy?

We met online a few days ago, and since it's the weekend he asked me out to dinner for yesterday evening. We live an hour and a half apart but his sister lives where we were to meet, so he drove there early in the day and was planning to stay there til our date.

but then I made up an excuse, believable, and we rescheduled for today at 5, and he stayed the night at his sister's.

Honestly, I just don't want to go. I just tried dating a guy for a month, and I have no idea where he and I are headed, but he isn't ready for exclusivity and I'm probably going to just drop him like yesterday, but it's near impossible for me to date multiple guys. I want to so I don't get hung up on them, but I just can't do it. I love my alone time so much and so those I choose to spend time with really mean something to me. Should I feel bad I'm canceling on him again? What do I say to him? I'm already thinking he won't talk to me again, which is fine.

You guys... I stood him up 😬

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Get in touch with him, Even if its by text, To let him Know... Not to Go.
    You are this Honest Jane with your Name and also as well, I can Tell, Not a Steady Betty.
    Just tell him Something came up and you are so sorry Again, My friend, If anything changes you will be in touch Again. You do not have to Elaborate.
    He probably will Know hen you are Unreliable, So with This... He can move on to someone who wants More in Store.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for the Like and the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

What Guys Said 3

• Just do as planned. Go on the date. Like stand up and just do it. You made the plans. He drove to be with you. You were already seeing the other guy whats the difference? Your gonna drop the other guy anyways.

• Why are you even dating? You are obviously not ready to date!

• 0|0
    • Okay... I don't know why not wanting to go on a date makes me sound like I'm not a real catch but whatever dude

What Girls Said 4

• "I have no idea where he and I are headed.. " sounds to me you both can find what you need to be honest out of each other he isn't ready for exclusivity, doesn't mean you have to divide your time amongst other guys. I would just go on the date and then have a conversation about how i'm feeling to be honest. If you really don't want to go- just tell him you've been thinking and you both want different things, that there would be no point in going on a date if it won't work.

• Just be honest with him. Beating around the bush won't do any good for both of you. He'll move on fast. Dont worry.

• You could just go and have one of your friends or your mom call with an "emergency" and then leave? I've done that once but it was during the week day in the afternoon so I had one of my coworkers "call" me into work. Just a suggestion...

• Just tell him the truth. Or go on the date (since you already cancelled once) and decide if to go further or not. with him then.