Does the way you look matter when it comes to approaching women for the first time?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It matters more than anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women are shallow as fuck m8. Theyll reject you for having a smudge on your shoe. Theyre hypocrites too. They tell you shouldn't judge a woman on looks and all that shit then they go and do the exact same to men. Im tall and dark and good looking so women hardly ever rejected me growing up. My pal was small with hair that a whole tub of gel couldnt control. He had an annoying laugh as well but was generally a nice guy. Some of the treatment he got off women was bang out of order. Openly laughing at him when he approached, taking his drinks all night then telling him to fuck off. It was scandalous. He got fed up trying. They absolutely judge on the most superficial level

• SOME women, not all. Just like SOME guys are superficial jerks.

• @MandyRuth i dont believe that. We're all the same its just different circumstances that cause us to behave differently. You could turn the nicest woman into a shallow and horrible bitch if you gave her the right environment and blew enough smoke up her arse coz deep down women think men are inferior to them and all the crap behaviour stems from that.

What Girls Said 12

• Hygiene is important. Make sure you smell good and are clean.
    Clothes/style/appearance/confidence/approach style success rate is subjective and depends on the girl's own values.

• Of course. Clothes, hygiene, looks and more are all factored on our first impressions.

• First impression matters to everyone.

• Yeah, of course it matters.

• Not only the way you look, the way you behave. You should try to look as good as you can and to act confident. Confidence = sexy. A good looking man who has 0 confidence will most likely be left without a date.

• Looks and aesthetics matter more to women than confidence in countries like US, UK and Australia

• @Indigo91 No idea, I live in a Baltic state

• Just look like you take care of yourself.

• Yes it does because they don't know anything about you except for your appearance

• Hate to break it to you but looks always matter (and always will) when it comes to attraction.

• Yes, of course?

• Yes it always matters to me

• First time? It's the top important thing.

• Yes... Well... Clean and nice. You don't have to have on a tux or anything but clean clothes... Smell nice... No holed or stains etc...

What Guys Said 24

• Dude, of course.
    The first rule for approaching is "be attractive".
    Then comes the second rule "don't be unattractive".

• I think that it depends upon the age of the female.
    I have always dressed well. I like European designer clothes, shoes, watches, etc. I looked okay, too: blond, green eyes, martial arts and army physique.
    Despite that, I was almost unable to get a date before I was about 30.
    The females in the 15 to 25-30 age range wanted sociopathic bad boys who had long hair and looked as though they slept in the park.
    At the time, it tore my guts out. Now, I see it as their loss and that I dodged a bullet.

• First impressions yes but if your going to be around them a while and maybe be their freind then no. For some of my female freinds I can't even remember what they looked like when I first met them.

• I wish it didn't but it does. I wish that people didn't judge people's class, personality, or intelligence with the way you dress, but unfortunately it is so. Yeah, it matters. Although, for some women, it doesn't matter, which is nice...

• Yeah, obviously... I walked into the dinner with my brother and mother this morning... Instantly 3 women were staring at me... One was looking me up and down and give me dead on confident eye contact. The hostess picked me to ask how many to seat. The bus girl was smiling at me and listening in on my conversation the entire meal. 3 women at other tables with larger parties were paying a lot of attention to me during my meal listening in on my conversation. Your looks and how you carry yourself will determine who notices you and how people judge you. That ultimately will determine how successful you are on a cold approach.

• Why did they notice you?

• @HelloEveryone123456 Doesn't matter I don't flash cash...

• That's cool... I would drive a Lamborghini if I had it...

• Oh course how you look matters! One should look good all the time, have a sense of pride in yourself!

• Ya, they have to think you're hot or else it won't go over too well.

• Yeaa I guess it definitely mastery till a extent.. And it matters to everyone...

But a real person would actually judge your personality more than your looks

• Yes. Physical attraction is usually the first attraction; then you get to know the person more personality wise.

• of course it matters. First impressions mean a lot. If you look homeless, she may flat out ignore you

• Definitely yes! A woman isn't exactly going to jump on somebody who looks like they are sleeping rough and have poor hygiene/grooming standards!!

• Yep, first impressions matter a lot. It's what draws people in.

• I approach and often get approached and I think I'm very normal looking not hideous but not the hottest either.

• Did you really need to ask that question?

• It certainly does matter

• yes it does mattters a lot

• Of course it matters to me

• There is a reason guys people have disproportionate success with girls.

• For someone like you, i'm going to say yes

• Steve Urkle never got laid till he stepped into the stud machine right.

• Not just women it matters to everybody.

• Yeah they either want to fuck you or reject you depending where you are on the hotness scale

• It does matter you have to be presentable

• Not just to women. It matters for everyone