Could you date someone the total opposite of your political beliefs, and both of you are opinionated?

If one likes Bernie Sanders and is very involved in the campaign and the other is all about Trump. Obsessed with Trump. Let's say he has no idea my views. I have seen his Facebook. And he said he is at a political meeting. The way I see it we both are at the very heart similar. We are both into charity and global causes to help people and his work with charity is something I would have done if I had that amount of freedom but I have s family. I wanted to doPeace Corps always he did Habitat for humanity building houses. I organize and send huge amounts of donations to Tsunami victims in the USA and Thailand. We both care about the military. I think we have a lot of common ground. Do u think it is good that we can disagree about the politicians but agree on central beliefs. So we can keep in mind people that disagree in one area are not unable to get along we can see each other on a more human level. I know some couples don't talk politics and share how they vote.

Most Helpful Guy

• if it is gonna be stress, then I'd probably bail out. If it is conversation and I can love and support them, but they respect my views, then were good and we are stronger, so yes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe so, it would be a source of too much conflict unless we decided to never bring it up, but in relationships you can't do that. You should be able to talk openly without fighting but if something like that causes fights then it's not the relationship for you.

What Guys Said 12

• Ehhh, I don't see how it could work. Hell, I've had family members (cousins) unfriend/unfollow me on social media because I posted pictures of Donald Trump (They're hardcore Bernie fans).

Now, if the Bernie supporter is mostly just looking to upset the political system and is one of the many who will probably wind up voting for Trump once it's down to Heartless Hillary vs Trump, then it could work...

• My wife and I have opposing views about some political points. That doesn't spoil our relationship.

• Ya we could debate politics and then hate fuck each other lol

• Yea, you can't expect someone to have exact same opinions as you. And shit like this doesn't even matter in a relationship.

• If by date you mean regularly fuck, then yes. I could totally do that.

• I married a girl who is republican, and I am democrat.. If that tells you anything.

• If James Carville and Mary Matalin can be happily married, then anything is possible.

• Yes, relationships are about compromise, and that holds true even here.

• Well there is a good chance you both love politics and competition if you're both volunteering for campaigns. There's that I guess...

• I don't volunteer for campaigns or put up signs. I am like this who ever wins it is the will of the people. But I express in political blogs how I feel.

• When it comes down to it, it's just you in the voting booth. I don't know why it would matter. In 6 months you'll likely both be complaining about whoever is in power...

• No, I would and could not do it.

• Not really.

• Depends how far one goes.. I mean I really could not get along with someone who has extreme views.. For example someone of a fascist or neo nazi ideology.

I mean it's okay as you said have same central belief.

What Girls Said 7

• no not really.

• Noooope

• If the person is really aggressive about their view, s and that's ALL they talk about, and they deliberately pick fights with me, then that's a no no. However, if the topic is off limits, no problem.

• I think two opinionated people will just end in a bloodbath

• My whole family is political along my lines and some call the people that don't agree w us stupid. And they are not respected. But I could tell them to respect his belief and let's not go there at gatherings I just want to be happy. I feel so good near him. It may just be the honeymoon phase

• Yep it's definitely the honeymoon phase

• Like beer goggles maybe endorphin goggles

• I don't give a flying fuck about politics so if he has string opinions about it, we probably wouldn't even have a third date.

• no...

• It won't work if both are opinionated