Ladies: a guy brings up a crazy ex on a first date?

It was the only part of the date I'm still reeling about. Everything else was wonderful and it lasted for almost 7 hours. All I can think about is

1) he's not over the abuse (chasing him with knife and hitting him)

2) he's not ready to date

3) it could be a pity play

4) why bring that up, even if I mentioned psychology as a future career path

5) he probably doesn't know how to appreciate a good woman

6) maybe he felt comfortable around me

7) why am I analyzing this so much

HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE THIS?

Most Helpful Guy

• Definetly a red flag. I'd be highly concerned about moving forward with him.

• He only mentioned it after I mentioned wanting to be a forensic psychologist, testifying about people's sanity in a court room. He said he couldn't do it and it was funny I brought up interviewing clientele with multiple personalities and disorders because he knew someone like that: his ex.

I don't know if he's just really bad at first date conversation and that's the only thing he could think of to show some commonality with me, or if he's just got heavy baggage. He's very shy and laid back, so he was a bit awkward at times until he warmed up to me. So I'm not sure if I should cut the cord or just proceed cautiously and see if anymore potential red flags happen.

• I agree. Go for it and let me know how it goes the second time around!☺️👍🏽

• Thank you! I will update you this weekend! :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not comfortable with that - he's clearly got some serious baggage that he should work through before attempting to date again. Personally, I'd be passing on a second date. And I'd be honest with him about why.

• i've never heard of someone bring their ex to first date. he might be just trying to get rid of you. especially if the ex is crazy as you say so.