How to get ride of a sweet and nice guy?

He is not my type and in the past it was not difficult to get ride of guys that i do not like but he is so damn sweet! no one has ever been so nice with me. I do not want to hurt his feelings but at the same time i do not want to stop talking with him.

He is just not my type and he is also a year younger than me.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're just going to have to bite the bullet and let him know that you're not interested. There really isn't a "good" way that isn't going to hurt him, especially if he's really interested. I had something like this happen after college, and the girl just never told me. And I fell harder and harder until I basically had to make a move, and that's when she rejected me. It would've been easier if she'd done it earlier.

So I'd just try and find time to make it clear that you're interested in a friendship (if you are) but not dating.

You could also do the classic situation where you pretend that both of you are on the same page and are platonic friends and either talk about other guys or someone you're dating. That's actually how the friendship I mentioned ended. She casually mentioned a boyfriend at a party I thought we were at together. It isn't the best way, but it's an easy way to bring it up if you don't want to say "hey, you're great but I'm not interested in dating" out of the blue.

Most Helpful Girl

• I pretty much agree with BrianG on this one. The most direct way is probably going to be the best. I wouldn't call him up or text him specifically to say that, but mention it the next time you're with him. Being kind is key, and make it clear that it isn't anything he did wrong, just that you're not into him that way. You also want to be clear about how you feel though. I made the mistake of not being clear with a former friend of mine, and things got muddled to the point where I had to end the friendship cold turkey.

Using the world "friend", "buddy", or "dude" to address him may be another way to go. They can sometimes be enough to signal that you view him as a friend and not a romantic interest.

What Guys Said 3

• Stop acting so full of yourself and be a real woman about it.

If he's not your type then stop sucking up his attention like a dirty sponge and let the man move on to somebody he deserves. You're not the end of the world and you're definitely not the only girl in it.

• shut the fuck up, i am not asking him for all the attention that he gives me. It really should hurt you to be friendzoned so many times.

• And yet you continue to allow his advances because you LOVE the attention, right?

What do you call that: when a woman admits to not liking a man who is interested in her, not being compatible with him, and wanting to get rid of him, yet still wants to receive his affection without return?

You're either being very dishonest with yourself or your just a very dishonest person. I'll leave that decision to you.

• Introduce him to a female friend

• Not your type? Hm... He is sweet to you, kind, caring, and nice, but just because he is not your type you're going to drop him to the vultures? Don't really see the logic, but whatever. Best thing is to just tell him straight out why you don't want him. He'll probably understand and move on. hopefully he makes the argument that your reasoning makes no sense.

What Girls Said 1

• Just be like "You're an awesome and amazing person who I feel so blessed to have in my life, but I don't think I'm the kind of person you need in your romantic life moving forward and I don't think it's fair to hold you back from finding the right person who will be just as awesome and amazing as you." That way it's a YOU problem and not a HIM problem.