Okcupid, too good to be true?

After a 9 month relationship, I have gotten back into dating. The guys I have gone out w/reek w/desperation or just want a fling. I joined okcupid and I have had my share of creepy weirdos, I messaged this one guy and we messaged for hours about everything. I am kind of excited, but super duper weary. I have had just so much disappointment since my break up. How do I stay level headed? I wasn't w/the 9 month relationship and fell way too hard for him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I had the same experience as you with these online dating sites, that's why I stopped completely. But in your case, I would say keep talking to the guy, see where it goes, and if you like him, go out with him and see if the same chemistry is there. If it doesn't work with him for whatever reason, don't worry about it. Move on, I'm sure you'll find that one person pretty soon. It's all about patience and waiting to be honest.

• The other dates were no off the net, just super bad luck meeting people in real life.

• I understand. Recommendation, if you are willing to try it. One of the best ways to find a good person online is trying Match or eHarmony, but of course you have to pay for an account but it's worth it. If not, I had the best experience with PlentyofFish (POF), and it's free, just in case you want to try something different. Anywho, I wish you the best of luck in your journey. Cheers

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you can find many quality people online.