Will this long distance relationship work?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 1 month and are very happy. We are both going to different colleges though, my college is 4 hours away from his. Do you HONESLY think we will last? We have all summer but during the school year is what I'm worried about. I'm 18 years old and so is he

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a difficult one. I've been in a very long distance relationship for almost a year now, the start of a long distance relationship is the hard part, there have even been weeks go by where we haven't talked to each other at all, we're both busy and we understand that, but the thing is I can see her for the first time in months and it's like we've never been apart, it feels special. She could find someone else and I wouldn't care, I'd understand and I think she's the same way about me, long distance can suck but when you both genuinely love each other it can't break you apart, it just depends how much you both want it.

What Guys Said 2

• 4 hours is nothing, if anything it won't work because you've only been together for a month so the whole thing is still new-ish, but the distance can work it just depends on you two, how much you want to be together and how much effort you want to put into it.

• Try it it doesn't usually work but occasionally it does but if you guys want to then do it love runs about a one in a million chance anyways so take the chance if you feel you should

What Girls Said 2

• Quite honestly I'm not sure if it will work... You say you've only been going out for a month so that means it's still a newish relationship. Trying to make it long distance will make things quite difficult. Most long distance relationships end because the long distance brings up jealousy and other bad stuff but it's not to say that they never work. I know a couple of people you've made long distance work for over 2 years. Sit down and talk about it with him, ask if he thinks you can make it work.

• It's only been a month so you guys are still pretty much in the "honeymoon stage".
    It's hard to say whether it'll work. Only time will tell.