Too honest too soon?

After coming out of a 10 year abusive relationship, I feel that when I'm on a date I need to be open about this, as I am regularly asked about my relationship history. Should I be honest or keep my cards to my chest?

Most Helpful Girl

• No you don't need to tell them that story. If you have closed that chapter of your bad past, i don't see why you have to tell people about it, (you are kinda re living the story about yourself that you don't people to think that you are still that victim) i mean they'll be imprinted with 'victim' or 'damaged' in their heads and start making you feel more uncomfortable as they probed you more

What Guys Said 4

• That's cool if you want to be upfront with that. If you feel it's important, I would do that. If I heard a girl say that when first getting to know her, I may pick up on some kind of unhealthiness that may be unattractive. I wouldn't expect a girl to be perfect at all, but there are certain mentalities or personalities that I'd want to avoid and it's possible I might feel a little bit of that in that situation. Really knowing how I'd feel is complicated and depends on body language and there isn't enough information here to really know. Sorry if I was too honest. All of us guys are interested in different personalities. I just would want to avoid a unhealthy situation like a girl possibly liking the drama. I guess I recommend showing who you are for awhile before bringing up negative situations.

• Your very attractive

• Be honest about it but... little by little, don't give everything away immediately ok? don't scare off your date... know what i mean?

• I've always been an open book but i think you're right. A filter is probably necessary.

• keep it to ur chest

What Girls Said 0