If a guy you started dating had his own house how much would that impress you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Highly. I have a few male friends (one is 25) and he already bought his own house (because he has a permanent contract from his work) and then I have another friend who is 29 and he also bought his own house. I think it is impressive and it shows commitment (and dedication to some extent).

It shows he is a person who is willing to commit to something (very long term) and settle down. He wants things out of life (and is going after them). This is for someone in the range of 25-35.

While it would very much impress me and give me a positive view of him to have his own house, this is just a plus bonus... It is in no way a prerequisite whether we date or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• My mom have a beach house, sometimes I'd take chicks in and tell em it's mine bahaha but they are usually from my school so like 16-18sh lol

What Girls Said 14

• It depends how old he is. My friend bought her own house a year ago, at 24, and I thought that was pretty impressive. Everyone's growing up.

It's not a big factor in whether I date a guy or not though, it's just admirable if someone has their shit together to that extent early on.

• Are you the guy that keeps saying he's buying a Lamborghini to impress women?

• Depends on his age really. But I mean it's not something I have on my list of things a man needs while I'm dating him.

• I'd be impressed, good for him

• Not much because I have one too

• That's pretty impressive to me. It shows he's successful, independent and has determination.

• Being my age I would assume most guys I'd date already have one. :)

• Depends on how old he is I guess, but not that much anyway, I'm not a gold digger. It's more about a dude having his shit together than owning a house in my opinion ^^

• No biggie I own my house clear.

• It wouldn't impress me at all.

• Highly ! Especially if it was nice

• Not much, most people I know my age who own a house bought it and had no clue what they were getting into.

• It wouldn't impress me at all. He would be completely broke all the time and always doing renovations. Then asking *me* to help with the renovations. No fucking thanks.

• What the hell lol

• lol why are you so angry? what the hell hahah
      that's not my dream, I just said I wouldn't mind doing that once or twice lol
      Plus who said anything about buying a really old house? i meant small stuff.. not fucking plowing or sewage or doing all the heavy work.. Jeez, easy :)

• @kat_gran at our age, that's pretty much all people can afford. You know, what with millenials being the least employed generation with the highest debt load.

• Honestly, it would impress me, because I am still young. Having your own house means you've made accomplishments in life and can also represent having a good work ethic and being responsible, which I'm attracted to.

What Guys Said 4

• i have my owen house but i dont go and tell everyone its not a big deal
    its not like u have ur owen islnad

• lots of girls have houses or whatever. who the fuck cares.

lots of girls are also fat or ugly. are we impressed by that?

• I wouldn't date a guy and also I have my own house so, not much.

• it likely help his chances , as long is he's not broke from paying rent , bills etc and can still afford to take a girl out for dinner