Would it be weird if I dated a 30 year old?

My friend who's my age, has a friend who's 30 and she's trying to set him up with someone. I'm interested but people will find the age difference weird. If we do date, how will I tell my parents? Is it a big deal or nah?

Most Helpful Guy

• 10 years isn't a big deal

Most Helpful Girl

• You're fine, as long as you're both over 18 and both want to it's all good

What Guys Said 10

• If you really wanna date him just forget about the age gap. Date him and see how it goes.

• I wouldn't date a 30 year old because I think we're at different stages of our lives so we wouldn't have much in common and it wouldn't last but it's your life so you should do whatever you feel is right

• It's not weird at all. In fact, in some cases, it in your age gap is a good thing. I'm 9 years older than my wife and we could be happier.

• Assuming you guys have anything in common, I don't think it's weird.

• Nah, ten years isn't a big deal. If you were 14 it would be. If he was older than your Dad it might be different.

• You could I don't see why not as long as he doesn't still live at home or whatnot. Like by 30 you should be set financially and whatnot. He might want to have kids soon though only thing I could think of.

• my parents have a 10 year age gap too. has worked fine for 35 years, I don't see a problem with it

• Typical 20 year old. Life revolves around you?

• Nope.

• At first it may be a bit of a big deal, but that will ease up pretty quickly after the initial shock. Then it is smooth sailing as you go up in age.

What Girls Said 4

• its fine... no worries

• Your a grown women and you can date whatever age you like and your parents at your age should let you date what age you want, no 20 and 30 in not weird at all

• Age is just a number. I'm dating a 45 year old man.

• No that's not bad. The age difference really isn't that significant, it's only 10 years