Why do guys like skinny and tall girls so much?

Tall and skinny is model ideal. Todays ideal body is Victoria Secret Angels type, yes. But, too tall (5 ft 10 in+) and slim (110 lbs) woman. isn't it literally "anorexic" which is more unhealthy than being obese?
I am 5 ft 4 in and 115 lbs, personally I think short and curvy (even chubby) woman are more attractive and more feminine. Tall and lanky woman are far from my ideal, just opposite sex version of slender man. Why guys have strong preference to the "media ideals"?

Most Helpful Guy

• Skinny because it looks hot, though she also needs to have other assets, just being skinny doesn't mean she's gonna be hot.
    Tall isn't as desirable as you think, most guys prefer average or short girls, since most guys don't like girls taller than them.

Obese is worse than anorexic, but just because you're slightly below the recommended BMI doesn't mean you're anorexic. In order to be anorexic you gotta be waaay lower. VS models aren't that low, they tend to be around the minimum limit.

Curvy (NOT fat) is my preference though, but I will take a skinny girl over a chubby one any day.

• I have read a article that slightly overweight woman are healthier than anorexic.
      Physical attractiveness is relative to selecting healthiest partner, right? So, skinny and tall shouldn't be the biological preference. Just power of media.
      Around 5 ft 5 in and 115 lbs is my personal ideal. Not directly influenced by silly Victoria Secret devils.

• @cavmanier yes! All skinny girls don't have an eating disorder... it's just genetics.. some people burn fat more easily and some don't..
      Too skinny and fat is unattractive.. you don't need to compare these worse cases.. right junk in the right places is what we see as attractive.. ✌

• @cavmanier but it is known fact that tall girls have lower estrogyne.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys I know, and friends with like thick, medium sized girls, with big asses. Guys nowadays don't really like that too skinny girls look. Every time when I'm with my guy friends or my boyfriend and we're watching a movie with a really skinny girl, they'll say that she needs to get some meat on her bones. Or it's unhealthy, and unattractive to be that skinny. I always get upset because I'm really skinny, and it's hard for me to gain weight. So yeah I know that guys are not really into that skinny girls, like the girls you see in VS is not real it's all airbrushed, most girls who are really skinny don't look that healthy and look rather unhealthy and too bony. Plus don't compare yourself to Victoria secret models it's all airbrush, plastic surgery, unhealthy required diets, makeup, Photoshop, fake tans, and they have the best lighting, and camera crew.

What Guys Said 28

• Lol please. Girls are way more influenced by "media ideals" than guys are. Like literally. It's not an argument here.

• because they can hold their weight better + are more intimidating to other girls when it comes to fighting lol.

• But, too tall as giraffle and super skinny woman dont have female assets (ass, breast) so, looks like 11 year old boy body.

• LMAO I never said I liked them thin as a bone, nope just with some C cups + a jiggly ass that sits up right.

• Oh crap I may as read your message wrong, But this is how I look at it, a 5'2 girl looks just like a #Kid to me. So I'd rather have a tall girl with a "normal" looking body more so than a short broad with a semi stacked body as a partner (and if she has a baby or 2 she'll be out of shape like fuck more than likely) lol.

• I just like some one who is as tall as I am. All of my female freinds are shorter than me. So I get tired of looking at the tops of their heads/hair.

• They do?

I know I don't.

• I don't like skinny but slim. Yeah I do like tall and slim. Doesn't mean I only like tall girls, but have to be slim. Guys don't find thin attractive but slim.

You're wrong about tall being unattractive, otherwise models wouldn't be 5-8"+. You are looking it from female perspective. As girls like tall guys more masculine they automatically assume reverse must be true as well. Guys wouldn't find tall girls attarctive. Majority of guys would have no problem with height if girls wouldn't make it an issue.

• I do't care about height but I still like skinny girls.

• Why? Little chubby is more healthier...

• Oki. Maybe because of media?

• No not, necessarily. For one, I don't actually like the media image - your aforementioned VS angel or whatever the fuck models, although still highly attractive, are not what I am after. But I still like slim over fat.

• Men have all different tastes. What makes you think the "media ideal" is what men want?

And a lot of tall women have trouble finding a man, as many guys want a girl shorter than them. I know a girl 6-5 and attractive, and she has trouble meeting guys.

• Whoever said the ideal woman is tall and lanky?

My ideal woman is definitely not 5'10 and given the ideal female height falls between 5'2" and 5'8", I imagine many guys feel the same.

• It's more about the hip-to-waist ratio than anything else.

Me personally, I like them shorter and I don't have a problem with some meat on the bones. In fact, it really suits some women.

• 5 foot 10 inches and only 110 pounds seems like a concentration camp inmate!!!

With that height, there will be bone weight even if normally slim and a weight of 150 pounds should be just fine!

• There's just something about a tall slim woman that men find appealing- fragility is a feminine trait. Don't like that? Well tough shit. Fat hasn't been considered sexy since the age of medicine and it won't be again in your life time or mine.

• Let me guess dude, you are from any scandinavian country?
      i dont think super skinny and tall woman are appealing. (and unhealthy.) obese is also unhealthy too. Short and chubby is best, cute and feminine. I say, around 5 ft 5 and 115 -120 lbs..

• Well, I don't see any benefit to being helpless and weak.

• @Mesonfielde It has nothing to do with being weak and helpless. God you're hopeless.

• They are pretty and you're just jealous. Im weak in the knees for them, but not every guy is. I'm 6'9" so they are closer to my size.

• i dont really like skinny girls and most of my friends dont ether i perfer a fit body and healty or thick body but not the fat type of thick

• In real life, most guys don't like tall girls that much. Guys like girls to be shorter than them. You shouldn't think that models are the ideal women, they aren't. They're meant to best show off the clothes they're wearing.

• I don't mind a little more healthy looking girl... She doesn't has to be size zero...

• i dont like skinny girls at all, i love chubby girls, they are hot as hell

• Hell yea baha because tall skinny chicks are hot

• Honestly I don't, I prefer thick girls. And I know a lot of my friends do too

• Cause we're brainwashed, can't help it

• Not true I'm 6ft about 180 slim guy...
    And iv been a traced to thicker woman lately xD
    Nice curvy thick... yummy

• i dont like tall skinny girls

skinny is a turn off for me

• Those guys are probably 50+ geezers rollin on the trand 20 y ago

• They don't.

Tall and skinny is the ideal for models because their height is not obvious on the runway, so it makes whatever outfit they wear look slimming, and creates a desireable leg vs torso proportion.

In person, men go for shorter women more often (though a minority of men do prefer tall women).

• How do you know guys only like skinny and tall girls?

• Because skinny and tall is the opposite of short and fat

• DONT SAY

• Do you like short and chubby too? :D yaay we are cuter and feminine :3

• When you said chubby I thought you meant fat. But yea assumingly pretty girl you sound perfect

• becuz it's sexy

• Low estrogen.

• Hey people like what they like.
    I am still trying to figure out why straight girls go for the feminine guys who look like they're still 15 instead of the manly bearded big ones with so much testosterone all their hair fell off.

But hey, whatever floats people's boat. I'm closer to the first than the latter anyway so I am not complaining.

It is also the simple truth that we want whatever is attractive to our relative success. Some hundred years ago a more busty woman would have been the prize and a skinny one a poor catch. Higher risks at childbirth etc.
    Similarly a thousand years ago any big guy was probably very appealing just because of his size.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it has to do with proportions and how the weight is distributed. Tall girls tend to have long legs and a small waist, which gives them better proportions compared to shorter girls. A tall girl will always look skinnier. I'm not saying that short girls don't/can't have those proportions but it's not as common. Plus, not all guys like tall girls. Unless they're like super tall themselves. I know most guys prefer a girl who's shorter than they are

• women need to stop knocking each other down.
    im 5'9 and 113lb and i was born with a tiny figure. my family is all the same.
    you are as beautiful as you think you are, you dont need to tear down skinny tall girls to be more attractive... just embrace who you are. skinny tall girls aren't out there bashing you, just live your life, love yourself and stop comparing. genetics are genetics

• if you don t like them doesn't mean others shouldn't.
    and you re skinny too based on your info nor chubby or smthng.
    I like the slender figure, it looks elegant, fragile and yes feminine to me.
    but I also like curvy.
    not everyone is built the same way and not everyone has the same preferences and that s a good thing.

• As you pointed out, these are media ideals. Men are taught from a young age to like these things. It doesn't mean that they actually do. They just believe they're supposed to like them. A guy recently ask here on GAG how to change his preference so that he likes skinny girls. His family told him to grow up and get over "big girls." A lot of what men like is what they are pressured to like.

• That guy still isn't attracted to thinness despite the media right? Maybe that suggests there's another factor besides the media?

• @cavmanier It's really about how much society influences the individual. For some, it's a great amount. For others, like him, not so much.

• because they are shallow jerks.