How do you feel when you ghost out on someone?

Let's face it, we all do it or did it at one point. No one likes it and everyone agrees it's the lamest act made in dating, but it still keeps happening all the time. It "tells" the other person that you don't want to keep seeing them in any form or shape, but that you are too lazy/afraid/ashamed to actually tell them forward, to avoid the drama. Some people actually believe that it hurts the person "less", but we all know it's not about them but about US. It hurts US less. So, how do you really feel after ghosting/going MIA on someone? Do you even feel anything?

I did it two times in my life and both times I felt like a complete piece of shit. The last time I did it, I told the guy that I'm not interested in him and he asked if we could just be friends then. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to be friends, so I said yeah okay. He kept texting me (not too often) and I just never replied back. Because few hours after the "friendship" offer I realized I don't wanna be friends, and how do you explain that? He was okay dude, but I wasn't looking for a friend and there was no spark either, so fuck it. But I still felt like crap. Even now writing this I feel like crap.

Ghosting means saying that you want/will do something and then disappearing. Not talking about rejection.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I ghosted once, I only went out with the guy a few times and we were not sleeping together. I say that because my friend and I agree that if you went out more than a few times or have had sex you cannot ghost. Anyways, I felt horrible about it! He sent me a fb message that wasn't too mean but definitely gave me a piece of his mind about it and I knew I deserved everything he said.
    There have been two times when I was dating people where I thought that if I wanted to end it, I would have to tell them because we went out more than a few times and really connected, those two guys BOTH ghosted on me!

I was ghosted on about a month ago and I have been wondering why, we hung out a lot had tons of fun and were also having sex. I just recently found out through a mutual friend that he did want to keep talking to me and asked our friend for advice but our friend told him there is nothing he can do at this point, he already screwed up. So, not all people mean to ghost, other stuff comes up and it is not even intentional. It is not the norm but it is not always that shitty of a thing.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know ask my ex! She messaged me to tell me she misses me to just ignore my replies. So I blocked her number, good riddance. I've never ghosted anybody ever, its childish and creates anger and rage

• didn't care, blocked her everywhere and never talked to her again (in my case she deserved it) and i moved on

What Girls Said 4

• I have never ghosted someone. If I ever have an issue with someone where I feel like it’s time to cut them out of my life, then I will be completely open and honest about why it is I’m about to vanish from their life. I feel that it’s incredibly disrespectful and rude to ignore someone who’s trying to reach out after you once had a connection. Not only that, but passive aggressive behavior is one of my biggest pet peeves so I’m very intentional about never being passive aggressive.

• I ghosted someone and I don't feel like crap. He should have been able to tell that I wasn't in to him, but he wanted in my pants too badly to care. I just stopped replying to his messages and he eventually gave up. Thank god. Two worst dates of my life.

• I am a serial dater.
    My time is important so is other people's.

I don't ghost but will send a one sentence email saying that I changed my mind
    and wishing them luck.

• I don't feel anything.