How do men feel when they fall in love?

Men, you just decided you are falling in love with a woman.

Why did you decide that? How do you feel? What made you finally come up with that decision?

Just a quick update. I say "decide" but that's what we do... we make decisions regarding our emotions. We use our rational brain to tell us we are "in love" or "in like", etc, etc. So don't get too bogged down in the words. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting question there. As a guy i have had the feeling of seeing very attractive women and its like a feeling of lust filled with whatever chemical reactions are going on in our bodies. Is easy to confuse lust and love i guess when you are going through that initial phase of attraction.

Then one day, i met a girl when our paths crossed momentarily and was not a feeling of lust but something much deeper from inside me that made a connection her. She was not the most beautiful girl, but something inside her drew me in closer to her (and its not sexual). So people ask what does it feel like from a guys point of view and i tend to describe that feeling like this:

"Imagine sitting at a very scenic location... quiet, peaceful, warmth of the sun on your back... holding her hand and being only in that moment, no thoughts at all... that inner peace when everything goes away and you feel the world melt around you... that feeling of being one with her... feeling her every pulse and breath"

It felt like that when i met her. Honestly i went up to her and just tried to be myself and we spoke and i asked her if she would like to join me for some coffee. It was almost instantly that i felt comfortable and the same was true for her... the rest was history... we never wanted to be away from each other again

What Guys Said 40

• I will burn the world for her.

• Decide? It's kinda automatic actually.
    I know I am pretty much in love with my crush because I can never describe the specific reasons why I like her. Because I love her as a whole person. I love her mere presence. And no other girl makes me feel like I feel when I'm around her or when we talk or when she smiles at me.

• That is soo beautiful, did you tell her?

• Like when you talk, I mean.

• A bit yeah, but I've been "reading" those signs like that for a long time.

And we're coworkers so it's hard to really do much and hard to read her much.

• Can I picture myself being happy without her in my life?
    if I lost her, would the feeling be as bad as say a parent or child dying?
    Do I have any desire to date anyone else at all? even a little?
    if no, yes, no, no then I am in love.
    if you truly love someone, you can never "not" love them
    you can never say "I don't love you anymore" if you really truly loved them.
    You can love them differently, just can't lose it.
    the only exception is in abuse situations.

• I know I'm in love when I can't stop thinking about a woman, I want to possess her mind, body, and soul, I want to inhale her, to consume her, to feel her running through my veins, I want her voice to ring out in my heart and mind, to sooth or drive me crazy with uncontrollable passion...

• Eh, the most important thing is whether I feel the whole butterfly thing, which is the direct result of finding her physically / sexually attractive.

After that it's just me deciding if we seem compatible enough for it to be worth committing to her.

• I search my feels, if I get the butterflies thing, longing to be with her when we're apart, her happiness makes me happy and if she's sad it makes me sad, I find her endlessly intriguing and can talk shit with her for hours etc etc.

• Does that just mean you have a good, friendly relationship with her or do men not feel that way about girls in a friendly way? Do men typically have female friends?

• I've got female friends but they don't give me butterflies and I don't miss them in a big way when I don't see them, if I feel that way it's more than friendship.

• I wasn't what you'd call a man when it happened. I was a boy of 18. Her smile and personality blew me away. She was stunning too. I thought i had no chance but she ended up asking me out. When that person becomes your whole focus in life. When everything you do is planned around them or to impress them you know your in love. Daydreaming about them constantly and staring at them when theyre about is a couple of pointers too. Looking back i must have been as obvious as a polar bear in the desert

• Would you say "love" is known instantly?

• No. Especially as you get older your more cynical and trust your feelings less. It can come to a young person in a flash though i reckon. I was always a sucker for a girls smile. Show me a lot of teeth and im sending you roses and chocolates. Instant love comes from instant attraction. Love between 2 adults comes from mutually taking care of each other and having lots in common and chemistry. Its the same love you can feel for a friend though.

• Listen to Alex and Sierra's song “I love you" that gives a good description, at least for me it does. When I fall in love with a girl, I can't stop thinking about her, everything reminds me of her, and I'll have a stupid smile on my face whenever I think about her, which, like I said, it's all the time.

• Do you realize it's "love" instantly or do you sometimes need to sort through your feelings first?

• Not instant, no, but for me it doesn't take long.

• Plus, I'll try to convince myself that I'm not in love.

• When i fall in love, everything seems happier, brighter, filled with joy, elation, mood improves 100 percent. I become more talkative and enjoy helping others more then i already do. I become more lovey dovey and more giving which i already love to give, my left over spending money already disappears because i tend to spend most of it on others. Reasons i fall in love depends on each woman, each time it could be a different reason she won my heart. Either by how she acts, or something she does or an event that makes me feel incredibly close to her but the base reason is if i realize i can't be without her or not. If i can't and can't see a future with her then i won't be able to fall in love

• Well I am not in love now , but I was 2 years ago with a girl.

And how do I felt it , well suddenly I was happy and I always wanted to talk to her and create the very chance so I can see her and try to do anything to see her smile

• I feel like my IQ dropped below 100. Can't think can't focus, can't sit, can't stand, can't eat, can't sleep, can't drink, can't wink, can't... I uh.. it's complicated. Must be a hell of a woman to make me feel that way, though. Has happened.. ONCE

• Loving a woman is not physical. I care about her. I worry about her. I want to please her. I want to cuddle her. I want to be with her all the time. I want to protect her, console her. Be there for her good and bad times. I want to make her happy. Make sure she doesn't have any difficulties. Provide for her.
    Thats love for me.

• We feel the same as you pretty much, we're really not that different.
    But I can't explain the feeling well... I'd call it "annoying" xD

Because that person would run through your mind 24/7 to the point that it would get in the way of your usual daily rhythm

• Men feel miserable when we fall in love, because a man in love won't tell his girl to fuck off when she annoys him.

• It was kind of involuntary for me. I started wanting to do more for her. I felt safe with her, and I found that I missed her when she was gone, she also inspired me to be a better man.

• We feel that there is something, that we need to have.
    We are jealous against the other men around the girl,
    We want to be the center of the attetion.
    And we honestly want to hit that girl after start dating with her,
    because we boost our self esteem, pleasure and so on.

• I don't think you know how love works. You don't "decide" to fall in love. It kinda just happens on its own.

• don't get bogged down in verbiage.

• i definitely didn't mean it literally. just a question. not to be taken too seriously.

• My bad. I got ya

• to cut it short i feel the whole world is smiling to me and all what i really think of is how to make u feel happy and satisfied oops i mean the girl :) what about u?

• completed

• You typically do not "decide" that. But you feel as if you don't need anything else and you can notice her flaws but you do not care, you are ready to accept her into your arms forever and never let go.

• just a descriptive word. not to be taken too literally.

• It is a really bad word because it means "come or bring to a resolution in the mind as a result of consideration."

This "as a result of consideration." is descriptive of what "decision" means, which is why I said it wasn't a decision.

• I usually feel like I want to protect her, hold her tight, and keep her from all harm. I feel ready and willing to fight off entire armies of men in order to keep her safe.

• Sometimes I play out scenarios. Like cuddling, kissing. Especially when I'm lonely or trying to sleep. Once I get to that point where it becomes a nightly routine to pretend it's her when I'm hugging my bear or pillow... I consider it falling.

• When I realized it, it felt like I got hit in the face with a sledgehammer and then pushed down a well.

• I've no emotions.

• I don't know, but I'd like to since I have never fallen in love before and most white women don't like Asian men.

• That's not true.

• @Monnymo I hope you're right. I have had several women reject me for not being white or Latino.

• I have friends that think Asians are extremely attractive. :) Your fine.

• Love is not real its just chemicals in your brain.

• "Men, you just decided you are falling in love with a woman.
    "
    That's not how emotions work.
    Anywho, we feel good.

• I wouldn't know because I've only been infatuated with women never in love, but I guess it's close enough. What I felt when I was in "love" is peace and I couldn't stop thinking about the woman.

• can't stop thinking about her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• stupid and we make no sense basically we act like a women lol

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 7

• All gay and such!

• I'm 100% sure it's not something my boyfriend decided, the craziness would make anyone run for the hills. :D I do know that I'm the first person my boyfriend ever loved and said yes to be with. :)

• Men? Fall in love? In what universe?

• I don't think falling in love is something you just DECIDE to do. Like deciding to go to the mall or which bar to hit up that night lol.

• True. But you know what I mean :)

• I actually don't. Are you asking what it feels like to fall in love or are you asking how do they know they want to be with a woman?

• I don't think it's a decision but rather it's a realization.

• I guess they feel same as we women do. They become kinder and happier.

• They feel entitled to her because men are conceited and feel that just because that stopped sleeping around because they are beginning to lose their looks, they feel that the girl through choose to be with should be flattered

• Can anyone decide on falling in love? I thought love happens and you just can't do anything about it