I got played by a guy and I keep blaming myself, how do I stop blaming myself?

I feel like an idiot. I should've knew better then this, it was OBVIOUS he was a fucking player. I gave him a benefit of a doubt even thought red flags were waving in front of my eyes. It's my fault. I let him treat me like shit because I didn't want to seem bitchy or needy. I kept making excuses for him like it's all in my head and like I'm crazy. This is the first time ever for me to happen to someone play me like this. I guess I just always had luck with guys and it had to happen sooner or later. Well it happened. I just want to put my head in the mud and stay there forever. I'm embarrassed to tell anyone what happened because everyone will say "damn girl how could you be so blind and stupid?" Yep, I was blind and stupid. Kudos to the guy, though, well fucking played!

Most Helpful Guy

• If something is your fault, why would you stop blaming yourself? If I burnt a house down, it'd be my fault. If you got 'played' as you put it, it'd be your fault.

Keep blaming yourself. Grow from it. Also, be realistic with your demands.. because you sound like every girl who doesn't get what she wanted and acts like she was mistreated in the process.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well first stop blaming yourself. That whole phrase, "I should've known better", is worthless. You only know what you know. NOW that you've gone through this situation, you DO know better. Chuck it up to a good learning experience and move on. Believe me, we're all young & stupid at some point in our lives. It's a right of passage. Let yourself off the hook.

What Guys Said 2

• You realise that mistakes are what makes you. You got played, it was dumb, it happened.

• You live and learn.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't be embarrassed to say what happened. I'll bet my last dollar it has probably happened to the best of us.

• Well, there's nothing much to do. A lot of guys are players, liars and cheaters. The sooner you realize and accept it the better. The worst ones are the ones who are good at hiding it and don't really give you any clues. But whatever I don't have to worry about being played anymore, because now I am the one playing guys :)