What would you do if a guy suddenly withdraws during the early stages of dating?

Any thoughts on this?
My instinct is to not contact him for a few days, ignoring any messages he sends. Plus, it might make him want you again as you seem to care less and the chase begins again.

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly hold off on contacting him for a bit. But I wouldn't completely ignore his messages that he sends. Wait a few hours to reply to his texts, so you don't seem desperate, but make sure you find a way to let him know that you aren't happy with him pulling away and then coming back with no good reason.

• How could you do that? What would you say?

• @Natalie87 Something to the effect of "Sorry I didn't get back to you soon enough, guess I was busy doing other things since I didn't think I was as important to you at this stage of our relationship." But with nicer words so he doesn't get defensive and leave you anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would accept that he's no longer interested and move on. I wouldn't resort to grade-school remedies like playing hot and cold in hopes of 'making him want me' again.

What Guys Said 1

• Why would you ignore his messages? If he's sending messages he's not withdrawing, now is he?

What Girls Said 1

• Need a bit more information on here, but the easiest answer is just because he's not interested anymore or he found someone else.