Am I wrong for not wanting to talk to a man who has a kid (s)?

At first I didn't mind dating a man who has kids, but after my last relationship and my last "attempted" relationship, I have mixed feelings about it. I have nothing against kids. I love them, especially if they're fat. I do want my own one day, but I don't want to date a man that already has kids. When I first start talking to man, and he tells me he has a child or children, I stop communicating with him. It's as if I do this naturally. My desire for him drops tremendously. I don't know why. What do you think? Am I wrong for this? Should I be more open about it? Do I feel this way because I don't have children of my own yet?

Also, when I stop talking to a man because he has a child, he normally asks me why I stopped talking to him... should I tell him that was the reason? How would you feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be open about it.

I have three kids. If I were single again, I absolutely understand why non-parents would not be interested. They are the best things in my life, but they're also a -big deal-.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with preferring not to get involved with a man who's already got a family of his own. I'd do the same thing.
    Not that I hate children, but I'd be hesitant to get into a relationship that would bring with it the responsibility of my having to raise someone else's children, alongside my own that I plan on having in the future.

What Guys Said 3

• no, so many men avoid women with kids like the plague.

• No. What you want is what you want and if you do not want a child involved, you are in your right to put the breaks on.

• I wouldn't date someone who had kids. I already have 9 and enough welfare.

What Girls Said 4

• You're not wrong, it's a personal choice. As long as you're respectful about it, you're well within your rights to decide that this isn't the right person for you.

• It's probably because they're someone else's kids and you fear being a second mother to them or having responsibility over them.

• Nope. I wouldn't either

• No it's not wrong and yes you should tell him if he asks. I wouldn't date a man with kids either. Definitely not. Never have and never plan on either.