What is your favorite excuse to reject a guy who asks for a date?

what is your favorite excuse to reject a guy who asks for a date?When I was younger, I was very shy. I would stare at the telephone for hours before actually picking it up to call a girl and ask her for a date. I had some successes and some failures. The failures were worse than they needed to be because girls would dream up excuses for why they could not escort me to the Hog Wrestling Championship on Friday night. "I always wash my hair on Friday nights," one girl lamely offered. Really, that was her excuse. We both knew it was a damned lie and Little Miss Pants On Fire thought it was cool to blatantly tell me a lie.

Somehow, she seemed to operate with an assumption that rejecting me outright should make her feel guilty but if she offered me an excuse that did not reflect poorly on me, she would be performing saintly service and those guilt feelings would not be needed.

Ladies, do you make up excuses when Clearly Not The One asks you for a date, or do you tell him some version of "you and me ain't meant to be!"?

• I'll be working/studying that night.
  • I need to wash my hair that night.
  • I'll be babysitting.
  • I'm on restrictions.
  • I already have plans with a friend.
  • Thanks for asking, but I don't think that we would be a good match.
  • Anything not listed above.

Most Helpful Girl

• I typically go with: "I'm not really interested" OR "I'm not really looking to date right now."

Most Helpful Guy

• "I'm sick."

Even though I asked for Friday and it's only Monday. It did happen to me.

What Girls Said 25

• Option G: I'm already married! Lol.

But really, I would always just say no or no thanks. I'm not really into playing the white lie game. It's just as bad as saying maybe.

• g) Sorry, I have a boyfriend.

• Mine was that I was not looking

• I dont make up excuses, I'm too old for those childish games. I dont play with people's emotions. I just flat out say I'm not interested plain and simple.

• When I had a boyfriend, I said that I was taken.
    Now I'm just as honest, I tell them I'm not interested.

• usually i just say im not interested. if they still push it i say homework or work

• actually it's not excuse. the answer is no, because i said so. that's what i told that guy who tried to invite himself to my house even though i had not offered. that was the end of that conversation.

• I usually go with, "I'm studying for (insert test here)" or "I have an assignment due." Generally, one of the two is true anyway.

• I have a boyfriend

It's also the truth :)

• I try to be honest most time

• Usually, something along the lines of "I already have plans, sorry." And then never reschedule.

• I just tell them if I'm not interested...

• I just say I'm not interested. I don't see the point if lying. Anyone who would rather wash their hair obviously not interested plus she's unnecessarily comparing you to shampoo :p what a tool.

• it is this time of the month LOL

• Vote G: I have three real and honest reasons

*I like girls (I don't say that I'm bi)
    *I don't date people at places where I'm a regular
    *I don't ever date people I work with

• so basically you don't date people involved in your everyday life..

so narrow minded.

• you've peaked already... sliding down the backside as we speak.

• @orphan (laughing) Okay. Peace xo

• I actually change the subject. Ignore it.

• I will be studying

• I'm usually honest, unless I feel the guy is going to do something dangerous to me if I say no. I am usually up front.

My favorite excuse is that I'm busy.

• I say I'm taken. For me though, I've got super long hair that takes all day to wash, deep condition and air dry after (even blow dry takes ages) so I usually set aside a whole day for it so when I say that to guys it's the truth lol.

• "Sorry, I don't know you" lol

• "sorry I have a boyfriend" (never had a boyfriend in my life)

• I don't reject people. I give everyone a chance, and I don't take offense when someone tries to fancy me.

If I'm taken, I simply tell the truth.
    If I'm not I give them a chance.

Simple.

• Simply telling them you aren't interested doesn't usually work. They almost always try to change your mind, and often (particularly online) get aggressive about it.

• I always tell guys I just have other plans for that day, not actually lying, even if I plan to stay home instead of going out with him it's still a plan :P

• That I have a boyfriend. Best excuse I've ever had lol

What Guys Said 7

• "I've got a boyfriend"
    "You're cute, im sure there is someone out there for you "

Or like @justbanANNAz go straight for the drink to the face 😳😂😂😂

• I love it when we agreed on something at the start of the week and then she was like "Yeah, it's all set, I've got nothing that day!", but come the deadline and she'll start generating pseudo-randomness. It's hilarious. I don't even feel bad, it's just pure entertainment.

• i dont even ask if they dont seem interested. if we text and the asnwers are short or she never texts first i just stop texting one day.

• No, you're a d00d.

• I'm straight

• I have to go do something interesting with someone I'm actually attracted to.

• The most efficient answer is simply no.