How can you tell if two people are dating or just friends?

I'm just curious. I've seen a lot of couples lately who look like they're dating, but are just friends...

Most Helpful Guy

• ugh... good question. It's best to ask subtly. It can tough, especially with girls that have alot' of guy friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• You ask them. People have assumed that my two guy best friends and I are dating all the time. I could understand why with one of them (we are no longer friends anymore). He and I were super close and basically acted like a couple. It was a confusing and complicated relationship between us. My other best friend (we are still bff's) is like a brother to me. I don't know how people can think we are dating. It's either people think we are dating or some think we hate each other... My boyfriend actually thought that he and I were "fucking on the daily" as he put it. You can't really know for sure until you ask.

What Guys Said 1

• If they refer to one another as "my friend" when only one of them is around. That's how I figured it out with my current crush lol

What Girls Said 7

• I feel that people who are just friends tend to push eachother around more and tease eachother. My little sister is best friends with a guy and my older sister is dating a guy. My little sis tends to tease her bff more and wrestle him a bit. My older sis and her boyfriend tend to hold hands and talk quietly more. She also tends to act like she's dazed. She blushes a bit more. Hope this helps :)

• Ask them or a mutual friend

• Sometimes you can't. When I date I sort of just treat my boyfriend like a friend in public just because I don't want the people around us to feel 3rd wheel-ish. But as soon as we are alone I'm a cuddle bug. The best way to find out is to just ask. That's what everyone had to do with my relationships.

• Easy. Ask them or ask people that talk to them.

• Yeah and I hate them, but when I walk with my brother people think we're dating ahhh or when I walk with my dad. It's super annoying

• Lol People think my brother and I are a couple all the time!!! (Different dads so we don't look alike)

• In guess you can't realky know sure until one of them tells you

• This remind me... I have been hanging out with my friend we have a few classes together and just in this semester a few people have asked if we are dating my friend never answers anything so I am the one having to say No we are just friends. But its awk when people confuse it.