What does the third date mean?

So I've been dating this guy, he is 47 and I am 22. It just happened to be we like each other, we've met on Facebook through mutual friends.

he's taken me on three dates all very nice, and by the third one he kissed me on the lips which was a peck, wasn't insanely tongue ish, which I was happy about considering I don't know him that well yet

He asked me on a fourth date. I assume he is interested; what are some things I should be looking for by this fourth date ; does this signify that he is interested and likes me? He did have his hands appropriately on me during this date so I find him getting warmer.. But what happens now?

Most Helpful Guy

• He wouldn't keep asking you on dates if he wasn't interested, so yes--you do know that now. The question he must be asking himself, however is "is SHE interested." So are you? Do you want to make out with him? Do more than just a peck on the lips? If so, it may not be a bad idea to bring that into play for date number 4.

• Good luck!

• Cool! Central Park is a GREAT date idea!

• Thanks for most helpful! How did it go?

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like with a 'Fourth date' @lovesicks11, This Not Three Strikes and you Are... Out.
    You have Gained his Respect and with some Chemistry I see you both Share here, dear, Continue your nice Flow with Joe and with No "Wandering Hands" which could be More in Store on even the next Date, He Hopefully will think you are a Keeper and Perhaps a Potential... Mate.
    Good luck and Nice going. xx

What Guys Said 8

• He's into you I mean you're going on the fourth date, he's taking things slow, so I wouldn't expect anything too big to happen but I can't be sure. Have a nice time.

• "lovesucks"... tht name scares me already.

What are your intentions and where you want this to go... that is the important question. If someone isn't steering this thing and controlling it... then it will drift wherever and you have to accept whatever!!!

sounds like you've done well to get to 3 dates and just light kiss... that is as slow as I've heard posted on this site.

• Seriously, he's old enough to be your dad!!!
    Find a guy your age and just be young!!

• Meh, you're just jealous he's got a 22 y. o.

• @zagor agreed, thank you, i own my own business and employ 30 people.

it does matter where your at! age is just a number, maturity is the key

• Agreed dude... that's a 25 year difference!! Over 2 decades!!!

• Sex first, relationship later. And he's way too old, trust me honey. What, when you're 40 he'll be like 70? Really? Like dating your dad.

• Let nature take it's course. You're off to a good start.

• He likes you. He's moving quite slowly tbh, if you were older it would be shockingly slow.

• Daddy issues

• I actually am extremely close with my father and have been with him through his cancer recovery, and if it weren't for him I wouldn't be where I am. So take your negativity elsewhere

• I'm not picking on you I'm 24 lost my mom at 17 and my father at 18 I know what it's like to have parents struggling with health issues. I just found the age difference really strange

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• He likes you enough to want to spend more time with you.

• dude's old enough to be yo daddy. daddy issues?

• He will probably attempt to get more physical with you.