Why isn't he following up on our first date?

A guy i just started talking for about 2 weeks now, met last Saturday first time and it was at a birthday party he invited me too and we vibed well even with his 4 yr old son and he said that he wanted to take me out to dinner the next day Sunday and i said ok, and when that day came, he ended up canceling bc his mom came back early from out of town and it was her birthday so wanted to do something for her which i understand. Now its Wednesday and he has not mention anything about following up on that date, but we text and call each other everyday. Do i just need to be a little more patient?

we still communicating and im just gonna wait it out. maybe friends woould be fine bc he really has some things he needs to get taken care of and im seeing if that happens when he said it will. if we start to actually date, he is not getting any of this until he gets done what he says he will get done.
well we are still talking everyday mostly. I haven't heard from him sat and sun but im not tripping. he is not my man and wasn't worried but i did want too. He ended up calling me yesterday So that was good. Im so glad he didn't fall off since he was quiet for 2 days. My thing is im just gonna see how this goes... friendship or relationship... either way, im fine. I dont want to make anything happened unless its natural

Most Helpful Guy

• He has a son so carving out time is more difficult for him, be patient you anxious woman! 😊

• lol well he def dont know im feeling this way but i am showing patience to him. plus he been talking about how is not makin enough money and was too broke to take me out the week before, waiting on his check smh wrks 12 hours shifts 5 days a week, but he has 2 kids and pays child support for one. So i do understand and why im not evening bringing up a date

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ask him! He's maybe worried he disappointed u.

• naw i just think he just not too concerned about that right now. We are communicating everyday though. I just want to see him again.

• well we are. That is why a lot of men are lazy and a lot of women are being more of the men in relationships and feeling like we have to do it all

• A grown up relationship is about being a team... Not who rules the other. I may be the stronger one in my relationship because I am the smarter, more responsible one but does he love me less than my ex husband who was the one in charge? No. It's just u have to use your strengths and my partner is shy and has been quite hidden from the world. I love I can get him out his shell but I had to take the lead!

What Guys Said 8

• Since you're still communicating I'd be patient

• yes, no guarantees though right... he could be busy, distracted, have other dates going on... I don't think you are far enough along to have expectation of that second date and be exclusive to him. So I'd be open to anyone until he responds.

you could alternately ask him out... that will answer your question. I would not have a problem with it if you've been having all this conversation.

• Nobody is drowning more than a single working dad with a visiting mom, who may stay 1-10 nights, sometimes a babysitter relief, other times another baby to care for.
    At least you have the texting connection, keep it up.
    If this continues, YOU have a life to live as well and must develop that independently of his troubles... else you can be trapped into being 2nd or 3rd fiddle the rest of your life.

• Patience is a virtue, but dont wait too long, bring it up if you dont want to wait.

• its good be patient if he wasn't interested he would stop textin dont worry girl >:3 you will own him soon.

• why are you waiting on a guy after one date? go date other people in the meanwhile.

• we didn't really go on our date yet. its was just a brithday party and yes i have been dating others. never said it was just him. i just really like him and had a good time with him and just want to see him again.

Trust me. i still go on other dates but right now he is the guy i like and getting consistency from with contacting

• Have you reminded him about the date he had to cancel, and ask if he wanted to try again soon?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, it has only been a few days and he is still texting and calling. So, he will ask eventually I am sure.

• Or you can ask him out

• naw bc he asked me out but cancelled so he should be the one to follow up on that. not me but ill be more patient