Gave guy my phone number and he never texted me- should I unmatch now?

This guy on tinder messaged me. I wasn't that interested so I messaged and then stopped. He messaged me again the next day and I decided to talk to him. We messaged for 3 days. He states he's coming back to my city in 2 more weeks. We talked about meeting up to eat food. I asked him if he's going to continue messaging me on this app. He asks for my number. Gave it to him last night and he hasn't texted me all day today. I don't know if he's interested or not. I can't tell with guys these days. I try not to hold expectations so I need to know if I should wait it out for the day or hurry and unmatch him because my number is just sitting there. He's an older guy. 27 and I'm 21. I don't know if he's married or has a girlfriend and I HOPE not because I would cut him off completely. What should I do?

• Wait it out
  • Unmatch him- don't waste your time

Most Helpful Guy

• he's probably playing it cool.

give it like another day or two.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really is not that serious, you did not develop anything beyond the intial conversation. Count your blessings and move on, a guy who is interested will show interest.

What Guys Said 7

• 3 days is nothing, wait it out. But... keep continuing to pursue other guys. Don't act like your committed to a guy when you're not.

• He doesn't want to look desperate or to smother you or he's nervous. Wait a day or two then move on. Nobody said you can't talk or date others you're not exclusive with him. He might just be looking for sex since your young and probably don't have kids like everyone else his age

• Wait another day. It's not a waste of your time because you can still talk to other guys in the meantime.

• It's only been a day, that's hardly much time. Is unmatch him if you want after a week or so. Just because he's 27 doesn't mean he's married.

• 3 days doesn't sound like that much compared to what I usually hear about. Give him a week, perhaps.

• soo intense.. gawd

• Oh my goodness, one *whole* day?

... are you kidding me? ( -_-)

That's all it takes for you to abort mission? You could at least try saying something on Tinder.

What Girls Said 15

• I can't believe people are saying not to waste your time!! It has been not even ONE day! Calm down! I would give him a week! You just met on an app and haven't even met in person or went out once. You just gave him your number ONE day ago and you want to unmatch him because he hasn't texted yet? He has a life and did not jump when you gave him your number, that is a good thing. I would not want a guy that is that eager, he would come across as desperate. If this is indicative of how you act when dating, I would recommend playing it cool and taking your time with all of it. Guys will get scared off if you want so much so soon.

• I agree with your statement but one part I don't. I agree with being patient and takings things slow. I have to learn that. But I met one guy on an online dating site before. I used to always wait on his texts. He wouldn't text me for days or a week at a time. When he reached out he wanted to FaceTime and text long paragraphs. We talked for a month and finally met (I went to him). Hung out for two days and he told me he liked me after and wanted to get to know me. I took that as an indication of taking a step and he was serious. Well. Couple days after he disappeared on me. Told me he would be busy and didn't talk to me for 3-4 days until I confronted him. He made it seem like I was irrational and assuming but I don't believe someone is that "busy" if they like someone. 3-7 days makes you feel insecure. Because of that specific situation, now going forward I'm anxious with other guys that "take their time". I don't like to waste my time at all.

• The face that we got pulled over by the cops and he had weed wasn't the best either. Apparently he states he gets pulled over a lot. So as you can see, he was a street kid. He referred to himself like that the whole time with me. I overlooked that... I try to find the best in people despite that. So maybe I hurt myself. He even had his exes stuff in his home and car still and I asked him. Yeah, the long distance wasn't going to work off the back. But because I shared deep emotional things with this guy, I felt instantly connected with him. That's how he sucked me in. I'm a sucker for emotional connections. I still have a strong gut feeling he was playing me though. I just know. But you're right! New people, new lessons. I won't focus on text. I will meet them asap, and I will take things SLOW and hold no expectations.

• It also sounds like you got burned and played in the past so you are overprotecting yourself. I do that too. When I start liking someone I try to find reasons to cut it off or meet someone else so I have a backup plan. I want to cut it off before they do, I always feel like when I am hanging out with someone it is just a matter of time before they disappear or disappoint me and hurt me some how. And I am single right now so every one has actually done that to this point. But, I am becoming more open and more go with the flow with things. The last guy ended up disappearing on me, but I still regretted nothing and know I did nothing wrong and I will continue trying to take things one day at a time.

• Wait. i mean, its only been one day and this day is not even over yet lol Be patient. He may not want to come off desperate by texting so soon or he is purposely waiting a fee days til he does or he just hasn't come around to it. So dont worry about it. You just gave it to him. he does not have to reach you right away. He barely knows you but if he is really interested, he will text. Give it 2 more days. Now a week, i can see you asking this question but way too early to be assuming anything.

So whats makin you kind of interested?

• I don't know. Lol. He "seems" nice and genuine. Because he's in the next state over and he's making the initiative to come out again? But I don't believe anything until it comes into fruitation really.

• Girl, just be patient. he may may hit up until late tonight or tomorrow night. Its too soon. Not all guys call right way or the next day

• "A" for Absolutely Or...
    Just go ahead, @mooonchild1994, And Text him First.
    He may Want to see if you are "For Real," and in order to Get the Ball Rolling so No Current Sour balls in your Mouth, Make the First Move.
    Don't be Hasty.. This just might be Tasty.
    Good luck. xx

• Gave him your number *last night*. I voted before reading the whole thing. My bad.

Give him the benefit of the doubt. 2 days.

If he texts you after that, I'd read the message and then delete it. Don't even bother saving his number.

• Well it's only a day, sometimes people don't check out the aapps for days... Myself included.. Just leave it there, if the guy hasn't responded to you in a week or by the time he is back in your city, you can unmatch him.. but you can also send him a message and aask him for his, you know? You dont haave to sit there and wait for him to text you first. Take some initiative.

If after a week, he still doesn't respond to you, feeel free to delete him.

• quit wasting your time

• He might just be busy today. I'd wait at most 3 days... if he doesn't text tomorrow, message him on tinder, just to say hi. If he doesn't respond, I'd just move on. Hope it works out :)

• I voted wait it out. Maybe he is actually busy today or he's playing it cool. Give it till tomorrow at least.

• Wow, lol.
    It's only been a day. You JUST gave it to him last night.
    Unmatch if you want.
    Sounds a bit childish to me though.

• How is unmatching childish though?
      It's just an app right? Childish is messaging them and asking why aren't you texting me. I don't do childish games, I just don't like my time to be wasted. :) If it's been over 12 hours then I feel they aren't interested. Simple as that.

• This is what i dont understand with women. There's no need to rush on things. The ball is in his court so just get on and continue swiping.

• some guys have this dumb rule where they don't call a girl for two days or something. I mean it's tinder, you can't really expect much from tinder.. it's a bunch of guys playing with girls' emotions.

• Just leave it and move on to someone else. Definitely don't wait around for hin

• wait it out lol youve got nothing to lose. maybe he got busy

• That's why I don't give out my numbers online. If they want to talk to me, they can do so through inbox messages.

• Don't waste your time...