If a guy offered to go through leg lengthening surgery for you, would you accept it?

Say there was a guy you really liked. You liked his personality, his looks, humor, style. And the only reason you wouldn't date him is because he didn't meet your MINIMUM height requirement.

If he offered to go through with a leg lengthening surgey to become 6 inches taller for you, what would you tell him?

• Stop him from going through with it and just accept him for who he is
  • Tell him to do it and that you'll be waiting for him when he comes back in a year or so 6 inches taller
  • Tell him even if he does it you won't date him as he is not genetically taller, its unnatural height gain.

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy offered to go through with a leg-lengthening surgery with the intention of meeting my 'minimum height requirement'... I'd tell him to not waste his time with such a gimmick. I don't have set requirements for guys, ideals that must be met or it's a complete deal breaker. As if I can put together my ideal guy, someone who even exists.

Even if he went through with a surgery as ridiculous as that, it wouldn't fix the root of his problem- low self-confidence.

• This was under the assumption that the girl actually had a height requirement and the guy didn't meet it and offered this. If there is not requirmenet then there's no need

• ok but him not magically fixing that underlying issue not with his height, but his low self confidence, would remain the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't do it!!! I had these done before ! But not to get taller because of bones in car accident!!! You don't do this !!! Trust me!!! Your nightmares of the legs poping and cracking will never go away! You will have PDS post dramatic stress!!! You will have to re learn to walk!!! You could lose your leg!! You will get an infection!!! But you might get by with antibiotics!! Please don't!! I had 3 years of this shit!!! I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!! Some people even killed themselves because they couldn't handled it!!

What Girls Said 11

• No, it would make him hella unattractive just talking about it because it just screams height complex tbh

• But he's talking about it because you told him he's not tall enough. That was the idea, you would date him but since he doesn't meet the height requirement he offers the surgery so he can get there. ya see

• Think most girls voted C, gotta have the cake and eat it too. I would vote A but whatever

• I mean it would really depend how short we're talking here as I'm 5'10" so I could live with someone who was 5'8" but not a height that would give me back pain because I would constantly have to bow down and especially not someone with a height complex so they would feel the need to get surgery just to please me..

• This is so extreme lol. If I like all those other things about him, then his height wouldn't be an issue.

• That wouldn't be an issue for me if I like everything else but I would be a bit worried that someone would be willing to do that just to date me lol

• I thought I only liked taller guys untill I met a guy who is slightly shorter than me. He has that special something that other guys don't have... and I'm insanely attracted to him. Please forget the height thing... its your energy, your personality, your attitude that makes u a hot man. I've dated taller guys who were just... well tall but nothing else.

• I think this is where that whole complex of looking "perfect" in appearance to attract another person goes too far. No one should have to change anything about themselves to be acceptable to anyone else, especially when it has something to do with a physical feature that they have no control over, such as height. That's just unhealthy.

• I'd prefer a tall guy but it's not a must. If I really like him then I'd accept him. I don't like unnecessary surgery anyways.

• Wow. You must REALLY like a girl if you're willing to go through that for her.

• I would never do this for a girl, Im pretty much taller than 70% of girls I meet.
      I was just curious as to whether girls who acutally have height requirements in guys would accept a guy if he did this to meet it.
      Similarly if a guy likes big boobs and a girl offered to do a boob job for him would he accept it. I wouldn't, if I liked her, I would just accept her with whatever size she came it.
      Boob size requirements are stupid as are height requirements.

• I wouldn't be with someone that insecure

• But do you have a height requirement tough.
      Because if you do you're basically telling him he's not tall enough for you which what makes him insecure and than you are hating on him for trying to change it the only way that its actually possible.

• I would agree and then dump you.

• Hell no, that is not needed 😹

• no! isn't that dangerous? it's not worth it! screw height requirements!

What Guys Said 13

• I sincerely hope this is just a random thought experiment, and not something someone would actually consider. That's just pathetic.

• I don't think anyone would want to date someone so idiotic as to put themselves through that to get a freakin' *date*. I mean, you endure all that pain and suffering and it turns out you're not compatible? Won't you feel stupid?

• Just do it without telling them.

Then say you had a growth spurt 😜

• My legs are already crazy long

• If I had to go through leg-lengthening surgery just to date a woman, I would run for the hills. If she's this shallow now, imagine how she'll be 3 years from now.

• Sucks boyo. Times like this when I feel good to be 6"1 master race. Too short? BRB mutilating my legs.

• I could be wrong, but if a girl really likes a guy I don't think him “being too short" would be a thing. And if there's a girl you like but she won't go out with you because “you're too short," you're probably better off not saying her. That sounds shallow to me.

• That's just sad.

• Lol just wow.

• What like 3rd leg lengthening? ?

• Wow, I just learned a hot new crazy thing. I would never ever expect such kind of surgery exists. World seems to become more and more strange..

• I'm 6'9" why would I want to do that lol?

• How about tell him to stop being a baby, and radical surgery to make someone like you, means they aren't worth your affection in the first place?

So much wrongness in just one question... Mind boggling.