Should I have a drunk talk with my new boyfriend?

he is a shy guy and is very cautious in making moves since he is from a country where women are upstanding and would bash men easily. I really want to have an open talk with him regarding many things and thought maybe we have drunk night together at least both of us should be a bit high to open up. How is the idea?

• Yes have it, it will work well
  • No it does not help

Most Helpful Guy

• If the only way for you to talk to your boyfriend is to get drunk and high... then what kind of relationship are you in?

• Well, at an age of awkwardness, it may be that alcohol that acts as a "social lubricant". I'd still be careful protection wise if I were her, of course.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do you need to be drunk to have a serious talk? If that's the only way to accomplish a talk then you're definitely not right for one another

What Guys Said 5

• Have a drunk night if you want to, but don't expect anything from it.
    What country is it where women are so upstanding?

• germany.

• German women ARE ball busters !! Dated a couple when stationed in Germany , don't make them jealous !! Preferred the ladies over the border in Nederland !!

• @FatherJack I need to date men not women but as you know women are really sharp here haha

• One time I talked about a MFM threesome when drunk then my girlfriend started planning that shit out haha. there's a difference between fantasy and reality.

• hilarious :D I think girls take things so literally.

• Fucking awesome! do it!

• I say go for it!!

• Where's he from?

• germany

• do you think thats cause germany has a woman president?

• Probably not. Just their culture

What Girls Said 6

• If he is the shy one why don't you open up more and ask him about all the things you want to. I am shy too and I do often revert to having drinks to loosen up, but most of the time it turns into drinking together all of the time and we never actually make a good quality relationship because of that. It ends up being fun and casual drunken nights. I feel when I meet the right one we will be able to talk either way and won't get drunk together very often if at all, because it won't be necessary. I say you initiate more conversations and be patient, he will open up eventually he just needs to become more comfortable and all that helps with that is more time hanging out.

• That is what I am scared of too. That the drunk nights often convert into fun and casual nights rather than some valuable time spent together. You are right. I need to initiate more intimate conversations and let him open up.

• only when you want the truth about something. Drunks tell the truth. perfect time to ask questions lol

• If you are drunk during this, "drunk talk" it will be "discounted" by him when he is sober and rather accepting what ever you said during this drunk talk, he will be brushing it aside and wondering what you really meant. If you really accept having a talk with him while both of you are drunk, forget it I don't want to be involved answering anymore.

• ... ?
      I brushed aside the idea of drunk talk already :)

• Good for you I'm glad to hear that

• Yes even I think it was a stupid idea.

• Yes, alcohol is a truth serum , good time to get the juicey stories from him.

• may be just get him drunk :P

• Oh no last time I tried I blabberd some THINGS let's say that and I never saw him again well I did at a bar once

• @PSikology-77 k

• @PSikology-77 the only thing I can tell you is be very careful about what you say to him espiceally if all women have secrets that there lovers don't know about so try to think about what you say

• I will be really really cautious but anyway I am virgin and have had really less experience with me. Conserved family

• He's american?

• german

• yes he is shy but i think he is more respectful...

• you should take things slow or be the man in the relationship and initiate things