Always the best friend, never the girlfriend?

Okay, so I've never really wanted a relationship, and I love being single. But lately I've been noticing that I'm never the object of guy's affection. Sure, I've had my share of flings and all, but for some reason, no boy has ever really liked me. I'm always the best friend, the girl who stays up talking to a guy all night about his crush, and it's never me. Even when me and a fguy are super close and we have everything to fall for each other, he falls for another girl, and I just don't understand why they never fall for me, a girl who's always there, makes him laugh, hears him when he cries.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because they are stupid. It happens to me as well. Either that or I'm always the girl that they just don't want to stay with for long. Like, they could tell me how crappy their ex was, but then they'd be with that person for a year versus me being a great girlfriend and trying to be understanding or trying to work things out in a mature manner, but for some reason, they just don't want to stay, but they'll always make sure to let me know that "They always let the good ones get away." Dumbasses, lol. They just don't see what's right in front of them.

What Guys Said 7

• You are the perfect girlfriend, emphasis on the friend part, you need to build more attraction in your relations with men for them to see you for something more, don't change anything else it's perfect.
    Google The feminine woman by Renee Wade and read everything there, it will help you draw a good man to you.

Check out these other resources to. relationshipheadquarters.com/understanding-men/

http://www.mimitanner.com/

• You actually probably have been the girl your guy friend (s) have liked. But for some reason they feel like they couldn't date you or ask you out. Maybe you seem too resistant to the idea or not open enough or something like that.

Maybe you could try talking to them about it.

• Try flirting more. Just remember that the guy who gets you won't just be getting a girlfreind he will also be getting a best freind also. Keep that respect for yourself don't settle. Wait until the right guy comes along.

• You're 17, have patience... When I was younger I had a female friend who acted around me like you described (though she had had other guys), I eventually fell for her (took about six months), then spent a couple of months thinking she probably didn't like me back and then finally made a move to get it over with. She told me she had liked me for a while but was now over me, ah, the irony... So it definitely can happen...

• Are you feminine?

• It's gonna be okay :)

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Because you are always there. People lose interest in those who are easy to access, especially immediately. I'm not saying you should go out there and play hard to get. But you should simply have your own life. If you bend over backwards for everyone, people will just end up walking all over you and you won't seem interesting since it's like your life revolves around everyone else.
    Also check if there's anything you can do about your appearance, and try to be more flirty with the guys you like. If you act all buddy-buddy with guys, they'll think you have friendzoned them/they will friendzone you.