I have boyfriend or single? I Don't have serious relationship because I am shy. Is it better to say I have a boyfriend to avoid embarrassing?

Advice?
Please advice me!

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you WANT a relationship? Because if you do, then lying and saying you have a boyfriend is working against your own best interests.

If you DON'T want a boyfriend/relationship, then, sure, say what you like.

There's nothing embarrassing about being single. You can say "my last relationship didn't work out and I'm a little shy so it usually takes me a bit longer to find another one." That's completely truthful and something almost anyone can understand (and something that FAR more people then you probably imagine can relate to).

Most Helpful Girl

• Say you're single. There's nothing wrong with that. There's no need to lie.

What Guys Said 2

• No. Be honest with yourself around others. Don't be ashamed to be single. And don't lie to make someone else comfortable.

• I don't think it matters you don't have to say you are in a relationship :).

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing to be embarrassed by so tell the truth. I've been single for 20 years. Haven't liked it, but it is what it is. Nothing wrong with me or my status.

• Why? I don't see how saying you're taken is ever going to fix your single status