My girlfriend never says "Thank you" or "I'm sorry". Do I have a right to be upset with her?

Last week she accidently dropped pasta sauce on my new shirt but never apologized and showed no signs of remorse. She expects me do to a lot of stuff for her but I don't get a single thank you after doing them. It could have somthing to do with her culture and how her parents raised her. She is an only child so her parents always coddled her growing up.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• You tell her to apologize.
    You need to tell her to develop some manners.

• Wow I'd really hate that if my boyfriend didn't know how to apologize or have some manners. I think you should talk to her. Tell her it's upsetting you that she can't apologize for a simple thing.

• Being an only child has nothing to do with having no manners. Next time she drops something tell her to say sorry or the next time you do something for her say " do i get a thank you?".

• Yeah that would be a deal breaker to me too. You should have a serious discussion with her about it.

• That would bother me too and that would be a deal breaker

• Yes it's really rude. You should talk to her.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't judge too quickly, mate.

Unless she stated explicitly that you just don't deserve it or she shouldn't have to, she may have a completely valid reason for not saying I'm sorry or thank you.

Sometimes, these action feels forced and unnecessary. When we really have messed up, more important to the offended party is to know that we acted unjustly and are not alright with the fact that our actions were unnecessarily harmful to somebody.

If it was an accident, I wouldn't even expect an apology, to be honest.

Though most people would provide one just for the sake courtesy, so I can see why this "bother" you.

• what the hell ! you should be upset and set this right or dump her