Have you ever crushed on someone, only to find out they're already taken? How did it make you feel?

I know it made me feel pretty miserable. Usually does but some more than others

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. It is an awful feeling. It made it worse when she broke up with the dude after he cheated on her... Then they got back together a bit later. 😑 I didn't realize she had a boyfriend since she was pretty quiet about him all the time and he went to a different school.

Nevertheless, once I figured out, I began the process of moving on. I didn't want to waste time chasing something like this, and I also wanted to respect her wishes in it all. Feeing miserable is one way of putting it haha. I said "what the fuck am I doing with me life," stopped contact with the person for awhile, and went about my life, not looking back since.

Still on good terms with the person, but I basically said my peace, did a quick confession to her, and let the past be the past. 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• It happens literally every time I crush on someone. So it doesn't even bother me anymore.

What Guys Said 10

• Happened once, hurt at the time but I respected their relationship... I'm over it and we're actually great friends now.

• Yeah, it really, really sucks. My advice is to find out if someone is taken as soon as you become even remotely interested in them ("your job seems really busy, how do you make time for your boyfriend/girlfriend?") Yes you risk missing out on people who wanted to break up for you but you'll spare yourself so much pain.

• It made me feel like I couldn't care less about it because I just went to the next girl instead. There's an endless supply of them, so why waste all your time and energy on just one?

• Yes. She lead me on and fucked me over, ruined my reputation. It felt terrible.

she gave me the opportunity to fuck her anyway but I was so bitter I din't want to see her. And it probably would have made things worse and caused more drama if I had taken her up on it.

• I don't "crush" just like that. If I'm interested in dating her I'll invite her out and if she says she's in a relationship, that's fine.

• Haha yeah
    I found that kind of hilarious in a way. He saw me as a threat

• nope never did that before.

• I have and I felt foolish. Although, my feelings passed quickly.

• It damn near killed me. I love her

• Very often. I feel bummed out a little bit but that's it.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah, it happened to me once and it sucks. The worst thing is that he kind of liked me back, even though he had a girlfriend. I didn't do anything though. Going after another girl's boyfriend is not something I would do...

• no... but that would break my heart.

• Um (i'm really thinking about this). I don't think so, it's either that OR i just can't remember

• It's happened to us all. It sucks but gotta move on.

• He was so cute and shy that I wasn't surprised, plus his girlfriend was really ugly so that made me like him even more lol.

• Yes. That's pretty much my life