Is it OK to give up on a girl I like before I even try?

Hello. I just never like taking risk to get rejected. So Even the smallest hint that she doesn't like me romantically (as small as her giving me a fist bump), I will not try anymore. Thankfully I only got rejected two times in life and still never had a girlfriend. Trust me their was so many girls I liked over the years I would have asked to be my girlfriend but sadly didn't even ask out because they were not worth the risk. And most of them were too good looking for me, I didn't fit their standard, certain factors (physical attractive etc.), and even forcing myself to stop having feelings. Yes I legit stop myself to have feelings by talking bad about it in a journal. Here is my calculation of me trying to get an attractive girl: I think I am handsome but not to other girls eye's. The chance of me getting an attractive girl is 20%(10% if she's the hottest in the area). Now things start getting real. The chance of me even trying is 27%, then the chance of me not even going after is 23%. The chance of me talking to them is 15%(way to shy to talk to girls I like), and the chance of me quitting is very have at 80%. The girl ratio: I got rejected to two times in life (and I'm in college). There are literally the 1%. 30% are girl's I don't even dare to ask out. The other 30% is girl's I wanted to ask out but not even worth the risk of rejection. And the 39% is girl's is girls I shouldn't even have feelings for.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to be confident and to have some initiative (that means taking risks). It won't always turn out the way you want but you would feel better knowing you tried. How would you feel if after never trying, a girl comes and tells you that she was always interested but you never tried?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you think it's okay, then it's okay, but me personally, I dont think it's okay to be that way because you'll be missing out a lot on girls that you could have had.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• From my understanding of situations like these we can run percentages and numbers all day long. I do exactly what you just did on a daily basis. It comes down to the female. There is no logic to attraction, I am still trying (and failing horribly) at creating an equation for attraction. I would say to "go for it".

• You should always try at first, even if you got rejected, hey it's not the end of the world. There are some things that are better than courting a girl, why need one when you can enjoy life by yourself? And i'd say you're still pretty young, you still have time. No need to rush, you'll find the perfect one soon. They key to falling in love is not forcing yourself into loving, you just "fall" in love, no worries bro, you'll find the right one, good luck!