Guys, is your friend's sister off limits?

So I read something saying that your friend's ex and sister are off limits and so u are not supposed to go after them. So I am just wondering about the sister part. Is it wrong to after your friend's sister?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys who know their friend is the kind who might use/take advantage of a girl (especially just for sex) make their own sister a limit to protect her.

Guys who know their friends are trustworthy make their sisters limits anyways for two other reasons:

1) worry their friend will have less time for them because with his sister instead OR that his sister will end up involved in 90% of their activities as friends

2) worry that if the sister and his friend break up for any reason, it could strain their friendship

But as my sister was 5 years older than me, and none of my friends interested in her ever, I don't know how I would feel about this.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not wrong, but they usually ask their friend's permission about it.

What Guys Said 8

• There is a saying, "All's fair in love and war". My attitude is go after whoever you want, as long as he/she is available. There are no set rules at all!

• Yep I wouldn't dream of dating a friend's sister.

• I think that if I were to feel something for a sister of a friend... i'd let him know

• YES. Bro code. She most certainly is, unless if the friend is ok with it of course. I will never ever try anything with any of my friends sisters.

• Don't know, don't care. I'll go after anyone I want.

• I've never gone after one but four have gone after me. One I let catch me. If they are old enough to know what they are doing I don't see the problem provided you have good intentions.

• Assuming we're good friends, she is absolutely off limits. Yes.

If you manage to fall in love with her that would be enough to check with your friend how he feels but emh, he's going to tell you to fuck off.

It is just wrong. Not sure why so many girls still think this is an option.

• Depends how serious.

Basic guy rules are:
    - you want to fuck my sister? GTFO
    - you're in love with my sister and want to marry her? BROS IN LAW 4 LIFE.

So i mean it's often in between, but basically, if he's real serious and they really care about each other and treat each other well, okay, if it's casual, no.

What Girls Said 0