Do you ever feel like giving up on relationships?

So I always believed that relationships were the way to go, how I was brought up and how I act, talk to one girl and grow a relationship. Guys keep telling me to give up with that and just sleep around and have fun, and I'm leaning towards doing that now not gonna lie. Am I the only one that feels like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah , your parents brought you up well. If that's what your friends want to do, then so be it doesn't mean that you have to follow suit to them. Basically sleeping around won't give you a good name. . . maybe your friends will because your doing it to fit in better with the crowd and they'll turn it into a competition. But definitely not with women, you really will not be trusted. But don't give up yet, your still young at 19. Your younger than me and I still haven't found the right guy yet. I get a lot of sexuall frustration but I choose to fight it because sleeping around is not my style. I seem to attract the kind of guys that I don't want to. The slime balls, the guys that are already paired off or the socially awkward ones that just lurk about but never talk. I have not given up yet, but I've stopped looking. I'm trying a bit of reverse psychology, because when I look for it, I don't find what I'm looking for. So I'm hoping it happens when I least expect it to. For now, I'll make the most of being single.

• I like your answer

• I hear ya, pain in the ass tho sick to death of being there for a girl when she needs me then all she wants it to mess me about and feel like she is needed or whatever it is she wants, mostly just attention o think

• Thanks for MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, people are stupid and don't know what they want or how to think for themselves. The media brainwashes them and tells them what to buy, what to think and how to feel.
    Technology has made everything almost instantaneous with instant gratification.
    People rush in to things. It's been proven time and time again that when you rush or half ass something, or act off of emotional anger... you usually get shit results.
    This is no different.
    Look how many divorces there are much less in such a short length of marriage time. Coincidence? I think not. Again, stupid people rushing things they don't understand and or not even sure they want... all to satisfy. ... what? Loneliness? A void or space? Most probably don't know and can't answer that.

What Girls Said 31

• Here is my philosophy. When you get married find the one to make mom happy and be old with... you can't do that without exploring all your options first. Before you buy a house you have to look around, before you buy anything big/ long term you need to look around. Find what YOUu want, what makes you happy what makes you happy inside the quality of your partner. You are young. I'm 21. I don't plan on settling down till I date every race... or at least the main ones lol so when I get married I won't need to cheat, wonder what it feels lke to do this someone etc etc. Things are bound to happen when you get married (grow with one person) but at least one thing I know won't happend would be me being or feeling curious because I've done them all when I young, wild and free. So when I'm old I can give my wise stories of dos and donts... now people can see me as a hoe. But do it in moderation don't be fuckin 4 chick's or treating them like shit etc. Do you. Whatever happens. You learn from it but most of all... enjoy life. Don't get caught up in drama that you don't need etc.

• I did at a point, but rather then do so for a pessimistic reason, I did it to give me time to work on myself and decide exactly what it was I wanted out of life and relationships in the future. Now I'm with somebody after a long period of being single, and so far, it's great.

• You'll be a lonely man if you take that approach.

• Yeah. Relationships are just too much work for me. I like being single :D besides, we're young. We still have time

• No, I always try to resolve whatever is going on in the relationship. I never want to give up on anything. To me that feels like losing, and I never lose. Along with if I ever need to "give up" on relationships then I feel weak and I'll feel even more lonely than before.

• Never. I don't give on relationships i just give up on the person who's discouraging me why being in the relationship. But its different for everyone because its like boys are pure-pressured into doing certain things because its either the individuals they are surrounded by probably regrets their lifestyle and also have been manipulated into thinking that is the right way into doing things. Eventually they recruit and draw different people in while brain washing them into thinking thats the way to do things.

• I can understand that relationships can be hard to initiate and nerve-wracking. That's why I've been single for 11 years. But I'm not sleeping around and I don't advocate doing that. It's better to develop some good, close friendships; you never know, one may develop into something more. As for me, I'm waiting until I feel strongly enough about somebody that I'm willing to risk putting my feelings on the line, and I think a good friend will let you down easier than somebody you don't really know.

• I made that friendship with one girl and we got really close but all she did was mess me about, made me feel like shit

• I'm sorry she did that to you. That's really messed up.

• I already did! (:

• I dont, no. Im happy as i am anyway. When it comes, it comes.

• Uhm, sometimes.

The most important sign that it’s better to give up on your relationship is your own gut feeling. Because your gut is picking up on signs and signals that your conscious mind isn’t aware of.

:\

• I think both have a positive and negative side. You're young so you should be able to have fun if you want to, not saying that being in a relationship isn't fun, but... you get my point. However if you're in a relationship then you know that that person will be there for you, through your good and bad times whereas someone you had a one night stand with most likely won't be.

• no, your not. even I have questioned to live that life style after every relationship I ever had went rotten. however, u can do whatever you want, just remember that being a good young man and treating women with respect isn't bad quality.. Im sure you heard the saying "good guys finish last" well in some aspects this is very true, the same applies to nice women. I see it as finishing last and gaining all the good that's left over... before you get into the smash and pass life style just remember that there are young women out there who still value a good young man who will be honest, loving and want build a meaningful long-lasting relationship. Luck!!

• No, I haven't felt that way, but to each their own.

• When one is young relationships are's stupid. It is like being married at age 19. The way to develop a sense of self and understanding about yourself and your relationship with others who are of the opposite sex date men. Not clinging to one.

• Already have and I'm pretty content with being a future crazy cat lady lol

• Honestly just do what you feel like. If you want to sleep around, great, but if you find a girl you might want to try something more serious, great too. Dont let society pressure you into thinking you need a relationship but dont let your friends into pressuring you into just sleeping around

• I am but not because I don't want one. I just don't think there's enough men who really want to commit. I think they just want to sleep around.

• You're meeting the wrong men.

• You'll always have to weed through a bunch of shit to get to the flower. That applies to just about everything in life. Sorry, it's just the way it is. Some people get lucky. It's all relative though.

• To be fair that is what I said I am thinking about doing not necessarily what I want to do but the who thing goes two ways I'm only considering being like that because I get loads of girls that flirt with me and message me so I could get them easy but girls actually worth talking to etc all they want to do is mess with your head

• You're still young, don't give up.

• If you sleep around do not blame it on relationships blame it on yourself
    No one can force you to sleep around

• Hopeless teens do

• No. I feel like that a lot. But then I remember who I am, and let that feeling go.

• I think I already have given them up

• I do!

• Yes sometimes I feel like just being single forever

• Yes I do. It also hard to find someone who is serious about commitment and actually wants a relationship..

• I did they are so much work and sometimes the other person doesn't get it.

• I am one step further: I feel like giving up full-stop. Cos sleeping around is not the same as having fun for me. I wish I were a guy (or like some girls) in that respect. I could just sleep around w/o having the emotional attachment. I've gone through enough heartbreaks that I don't think relationships are something fun/exciting. I wish you did stick to how you were brought up. That's the kind of romantic that's rare.
    But if you are gonna sleep around, please don't lead people on. Please don't lie. and don't pick on the innocent, sweet girls. Sleep with people who are up for the same things you are.

• Every day, actually I think I gave up on relationships a while ago, my last relationship really fucked me up, haven't been the same since then, especially when it comes to relationships and interacting with the opposite gender, sure I still have gone on dates, been seeing some guys, but I don't seem to find the right guy, yeah I don't think it's worth all the suffering a relationship brings, especially when they end, I honestly don't think I could be in a relationship forever, like I don't believe that is possible anymore, I feel like they'll always end, and I'll end up worse than what I was before it, and much more hurt, that's why now I avoid them

• Never with relationships but with friends.

• Never. Relationships are so necessary to life

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 16

• i didn't give up but after two really bad relationships i took a self-imposed dating break for 3 years.

• The point is not to get hung up or emotionally attached to one particular person, because when u do so, ur inner insecurity and neediness will show up and drive them away soon.

• Maybe when that happens that is the BEST TIME to reflect upon oneself and improve!! In order to be a better person and become secure and not so needy. :)

Failed Relationships teach us a lot if we let them.

• I have guys tell me the same shit at my age! I think the guys giving this advice are the ones who can't have a successful relationship so they are screaming about sour grapes. You know that story, right?

• Haven't been in a relationship but that is still something I would want. Sleeping around sounds fun but it's not for me. And quite frankly I dunno if I'd be able to. One had to be social and good looking for that.

• This is gag. There's a plethora of guys who feel like you do.

• Relationships are not for everyone at all times. They take a large investment of time and emotional energy to work, and not everyone is willing to do that at all times.

• Yeah, if I was to pursue anything it would be fwbs.

• Nah bro , relationship is always >>>>>> sleeping around...
    But there are few girls worth the effort for though..

• In essence an ideal relationship is; a bestfriend (whether it be gay or straight) who you genuinely enjoy being around and spending time with, regardless of what you're doing.. with the exclusive rights to fuck. In short, exclusive friends with benefits... but with a meaningful definition as i stated. Not the, we fuck and hang.

• @tyrantfuryre. YeH

Thats it actually..

• You know what? To be honest I think it's because we haven't found the right one yet, but it's true being single to me is fun, and hey you can save more money that way at least with me.

• Not at all. I gave up on relationships a long time ago. This generation just isn't interested in the traditional way of dating.

• You are not the only one though I don't share that sentiment. I never saw the appeal.

• Go to GNC... Buy a testosterone booster... Work out every day... Eat a lot... Get big...

Then, you might change your mind...

• all ready a head of you

• You are not alone. Develop yourself. Have fun. Be happy.

• Kinda since a lot of women seem to reward the men that don't actually give them what they claim they want. But hang in in there. Do feel like u though.

Here check this out. Pls have a look and reply to my take if you can

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a27854-woman-hears-the-exact-same-thing-from-two-guys-but-she-reacts

• Yeah but I'm a glutton for punishment so I keep trying till the day I die