Guys, would you marry a girl who wanted to be a stay at home mom?

Would you date/marry a girl who wanted to be a stay at home mom/housewife? I see so much hate on women who choose this and guys usually say they would never date a girl who wanted to stay at home and raise their kids, yet there are still many women who do it. So why does it seem like everyone is so against it, even though it kind of common today still? I mean, how can so many women do it if there are so few men who would agree to it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Since you asked for male opinions:

No. I wouldn't.

I had a girl who was literally telling me that she wanted to stay at home, take care of the house and kids, and wear sexy outfits and make love or have sex with me every day when I came back home from work... but that "Working just isn't for me. I don't really like or enjoy working"

That's nice. I don't really like or enjoy working all the time either, but you eventually find purpose and identity through "what" you do. I can't respect a woman that just stays at home. I just don't see her as a person anymore. I see her as a maid, a very fucking expensive maid and babysitter who I can't even deduct on my tax return. A maid and babysitter that's so tired and exhausted that I feel bad even thinking about having sex with.

You know what I'd much rather prefer, and what I actually married? A working woman. She puts her ours in at work, for $50+/hr. net of tax, so we can pay a babysitter $20/hr. (tax inclusive/gross), and a cleaning lady $20/hr. (tax inclusive/gross) as domestic household employees for 30 hours and 8 hours a week respectively.

Assuming we split it 50/50, that leaves about $40+/hr. in her pocket. When she comes back home from work, she's more mentally relaxed and able to focus on other things... like our sexual relationship and US. Our kids are able to look "UP" to her and admire their mother, and see her as a role model.

So, all justifications and rationalizations for laziness aside, I'm simply not sold on the stay-at-home don't-work lifetime partner proposition. Sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can choose whatever you want to do in life. I think the complains tend to mainly come from men that married women that have no goals at all, that don't want to do anything but lay there, watch TV and eat popcorn.

Off course if you're not going to work and he comes home tired from working all those hours but you have nothing prepared at all (just you sitting on the couch) then yes I can see how that might cause some issues.

Another reason is they more than likely don't want a permanent stay-at-home mother that never plans to ever get into college or work once the kids are old enough.

What Guys Said 35

• i'm not against a woman being a stay at home mother. if we didn't have children i think i'd like her to do something with her time rather than sitting around the house. i know home making isn't sitting on the couch eating bon bons and watching talk shows (e. g. married with children). I would just want my wife to be productive in some way. so doing projects, maybe volunteering

but ultimately the reality is i can't afford to have a stay at home wife. I make a good living (in excess of $100k) but like to travel, go to concerts, go out on the town occasionally, have children, be able to assist them through college, and know that even with my decent earnings money would be tight with only one income

i'm not against it if it's financially feasible

• There is no reason for me to dislike a lady for wanting to be at home to bring OUR kids up herself. It is much better than farming them out to a child minder or something similar.

I think the trouble with most guys is they don't want to see THEIR pay go on keeping a wife at home. They want the household expenses shared. OK, so the wife goes out to work. Is the guy going to share the housework, the cooking, the cleaning, the washing etc? Or are they going to share the expense of a cleaner, or eat out most evenings?

• I wouldn't mind if my wife was a stay home mom. However we are able to do more things with our kids and save money for the future because she also works and the financial strain isn't all on me. She work full-time and I hope if I get another promotion in the next few years she can get it reduced if she wants, but I doubt with the economy and how expensive things are plus the uncertainty of the future she will never be a full-time stay at home mom.

• I prefer that... Please sign up at my online site. Who wants to outsource the raising of their kids to someone they don't know when I went through all thsi work to find a good woman and I trust her to do so? Makes no sense...

The hard thing is that the guy needs to make really good money to make it work. Used to be 1 guy could handle a family of 6, now... not possible unless you live an underprivileged life without xbox/game/consoles, etc.. Its all how you live probably.

• Maybe. But she'd have to be comfortable on a modest single income though. If she's expecting a lavish lifestyle off my single income then she's crazy and I'd want little to do with her.

• I personally prefer for her to stay home. I'd make more than enough money for both of us, and I'd rather her raise the kids instead of a stranger at a daycare center or something

• It's because it has a negative connotation.

I personally don't think I would mind if my wife wanted to stay at home. It'd be up to her. But I'd try my best to help around the house and look after the kids also.
    Being a stay at home mom isn't a bad thing and making stay at home moms feel bad just shows how close minded you are.

• I dint want kids so there's no reason for ger to be SAHM.

• My wife has been a housewife for almost 20 years. I left it open to her although I told her thank God we do not NEED her to work. If she wants to work to keep herself busy, I have no objection but I am glad and so is she that she was able to give full attention to the kids when they needed it most.

• Girls like that are the best, you're a true women, you should be proud of yourself and every guy on this planet prefer that.

• I don't care
    It's upto my future wifey
    She can stay at home or work I'll respect and support her decision

• Nope, I want nice things, she can buy hers, then we mutually buy something nice together

• if she's like 18 sure.

• It makes ensuring financial security difficult.

• If I wanted marriage, this would be the biggest deal breaker. I would never ever want a stay at home wife.

• Housewife? Maybe. But not a stay at home mom, because i don't want kids.

• Whoaa#! I sure as hell would!!! Where are y'all?
    And all these guys whonsay they wouldn't are stupid.

• Well considering my boyfriends sisters baby twins are now Our babies to take care of one of us needs to switch their collage schedule up so one of us is always at home :l

• LOL at even having to ask if men want a stay at home mother as a wife.

God damn, feminism has fucked up the minds of women.

• Sure if she can accept I'll stay at home too.

• No way, but many other men don't mind.

• Of course I would.

• Yes I would.

• Absolutely. Thats the kinda woman i like. A man should take care of his lady and the kids

• Nope.

• if she works from home then yes.

• if that's financial possible I don't see any reason why I wouldn;t marry such a girl

• No I wouldn't

• I am from india i want my wife to stay at home

• i would like it, be my woman and raise our kids then :* :D

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 3

• I would never! haha I;ll be a home in stay gf! hahah lol

• I feel that in today's economy and with the current divorce rate it wouldn't be the best idea for a man to marry a women who strives to be a stay at home mom.

• I will not accept any man to take me as that or even consider to take me, It's joint effort. You hold hands tight and walk shoulder to shoulder and support your significant other equally