How often should you text your bf? Is everyday okay?

So me and my boyfriend were talking yesterday and he said he would like it if I sometimes text him first once in a while, I wanna do that but the only reason I don't is I don't wanna seem annoying so do you think it'd be okay to text everyday?

Also if I sent the last message would it be okay if I text him first or do I wait for him to text me first?

Most Helpful Guy

• Every day ofc

• But won't he get annoyed and like think I'm clingy and then hate me or something? Lol

• I guess it depends but Im seeing a girl and don't talk every single day I'm like wth?
      Hell I talk with crushes before dating even like almost daily haha

• True lol it'd be nice to talk to the person you like everyday and it kinda makes sense too but how about if your the last one to send the last message in that case should you wait for the guy to text first or would it be okay to text first? #tooconfusing 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• You should text your boyfriend as often as you wish, or as often as you've both agreed that you'd be happy with. It'd be perfectly fine if you told him how you feel about texting too often, and even straight up asked if he'd find a text from you every day to be annoying or not. I mean, he IS your boyfriend, right? Open lines of communication are pretty important between you two.

I usually text my boyfriend every day, if I don't see him. We arranged that about a year ago. I told him that if either of us get too busy to be able to hang out for a few days, just a simple text/call would suffice in my not feeling like a girlfriend who's been put on the backburner.

What Guys Said 11

• It's natural, and a wonderful thing, to want to talk with someone you love every day. And it's even better to start the conversation sometimes. I might start to wonder about my girlfriend's commitment to the relationship if I had to start every conversation myself. Also, he won't get annoyed because after all, he did ask you to text him first more often. The important thing is that you don't feel obligated to text him. You should do it because you genuinely want to.

• Daily contact should be expected in a relationship, even if it is a quick "just wanted to say hey" type of message.

• From personal experience I would love it if my girlfriend text me first every now and then. I have dated a girl who liked to text too much and I have also dated a girl that acted like I was an annoyance if I texted her at all. The key is finding a happy medium. Let him text you first most of the time and surprise him with a text every now and then im sure he would love for you to.

• Everyday is okay, and even if you sent the last message in a conversation, you can still message him first in the next conversation.

• I am never annoyed when my wife texts me.. I would love if she did it more often...

• Does he have snapchat?

• No I don't think he does but he has Facebook

• text him when you want or need too

• Literally as much as you want. Whenever you feel like it. Don't think about it.

• everyday sounds ok

• my boyfriend texts me about 30 times a day i text him maybe 10 times.

• Once or twice a day is fine, depends on their mood

What Girls Said 12

• Everyday. I mean, I think it should be every day. It doesn't even have to be a text. It could be a phone call or a snapchat. It's just an ice reminder. I think it should be equal though. Both should be sending these messages throughout the day. It doesn't have to be frequent either or for long. Just a simple 'checking in on you' text would suffice. He wants you to text him first once in a while! That's a good thing. It means he cares that you care. He wants to know that you think of him. He's your boyfriend. Never feel bad about wanting to text him or just texting him!

• No need really to Stand on Ceremonies here, dear. Although it would be Nice if you both Could Come to some sort of Cozy Compromise.
    Try Putting a bit more Effort in this, Don't be afraid to Push the Button. He has already given you his own Blessing that He would be Okay on any given Day.
    Now that you have made the Initiation, Wait now for him to Reply with a "Hi."
    Good luck. xx

• I texted my man whenever I want. I run this shit. If he don't want this annoying ass than he ain't for me lol. I text moderately not to the point where it's annoying but I wanna know how's he doing. Etc since we both work etc etc now if you in HS and literally do nothing then you know play some sports and then text him lol

• Everyday is completely okay, I don't understand why people put so much taboo on talking to them everyday. If he says "Text me first sometimes" then I promise, he won't find you annoying.

• yes, i text like all day every day.

• My boyfriend and I text all the time.
    Do what works for your relationship.

• Text him when you want. I feel like if you care about the person, it's not a big deal to take 30 seconds of your time to text back. Seriously.

• lol yeah he's your boyfriend. text him whenever you want.

• haha yeah of course girl! text him whenever you want

• Better yet, call him! I will call my guy after he's done working just to see how his day went or if he's off early he'll call me. Texting is okay for a quick note, but communication is better through talking.

• 2 times a day

• We text everyday. Not long conversations or anything but just a hey, how's your day type of thing