Where can I meet guys that won't use me for sex?

I'm 20 and a college student and most of the guys that I meet around my age mostly at my college only want to hook up. Where can I meet guys that will respect me and want a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's the dating experience. Try joining clubs. Get to know a guy if you start dating just let them know up front you are looking for a serious relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wanting a relationship, sex, and respecting your partner are not exclusive from each other. You can find one or all at university.

What Guys Said 17

• A couple of things you need to know:

- For the average girl, only about half of all guys will find her attractive, and of them, 9 out of 10 guys who find the girl attractive will ONLY want sex with her - she doesn't "click" with the guy in the way that he'd want her as a girlfriend, but she is still attractive enough for him to want sex with her. To put it another way, 50% of guys wont' be interested in her, 45% will only want her for sex, and 5% will want a relationship (and sex) with her. Keep in mind that girls generally only want relationships with 5% of guys, so in that respect they're about the same.

- The above statement is generally true, but it's also an "average" of all guys. In reality, all guys are not equally attractive. The more attractive a guy is to girls, the more options he has with girls, and the less likely he is to commit to just one girl (and when he does, she's usually a VERY desirable girl). Thus, as a girl wanting a relationship, the more attractive a guy is, the harder it will be to get a relationship from him - much like it's harder for guys to get "just sex" from a really hot girl, especially if the guy is "average."

- College happens during the very peak of a guy's sexual peak years (roughly 16-25), and being away at college is also usually the first time they've had freedom from their family and "friends" (i. e., people who will rat them out to their parents) - so they tend to go wild and want to party and have fun. They also know that after college, they'll have to start the job grind - from the bottom rung in most cases - so they want to party hard in college.

So... it's a tough environment to begin with, and much tougher if you want a popular/attractive guy (who has lots of options) or a party boy. If you're looking for a relationship, you need to be looking more at the "serious student" types and/or those who are less conventionally attractive and/or are shy and have fewer options. They're the ones who are more likely to be interested in a relationship.

• Most guys won't uae you for sex. And just because they want hookups doesn't mean they don't respect you.
    I've respected every girl I've hooked up with.

You can meet relationship material guys everywhere, though it's better to avoid parties, clubs, bars, basically anywhere where it's more about drinking and partying, than having a conversation.
    So anywhere besides those places.

• on your campus

• Most guys won't but you have to hold on your principle: sex happens on your terms, when you want it and feel ready for it, not because he plays you or because you fear he'll get it with another girl.
    The force and value of your NO!

• You have to learn how to sort the men from the boys. It's not difficult.

• Just be patient and clear on what you want. School is the easiest place to find that guys in your age group.

• Just walk past the engineering department. Guys will be too afraid to look at you non the less stick their penis in you.

• In a fairy tale book.

• There will be plenty of guys in your college who want the same, it's just fishing those guys out from the ones who only want casual sex.

• GaG is filled with upstanding gentlemen.

• I suggest Pluto or an actual Outer Planet. Men in college only want hookups. Maybe later like at 25 we will be fine, but between 18-22, hookups are what we are looking for

• A gay bar :-P

• Well I guess not at college? :v

• that depends on how much skin you show.

• every guy wants sex and sexual things its normal, the guys who commit are usually the really shy clingy guys that girls completely ignore, were the sensitive types that girls tend to date and ditch, and were NOT the over confident players who make moves,

• Try the engineering faculty.

Try less popular guys.

• I've said this before to another recent question. Maybe I should do a mytake.

It's not about a special place where the right kind of guys are. There may be higher concentrations of different types of guys in different places but the problem is more fundamentally one of mismatched value.

Imagine for the sake of argument we are not taking about love here but about an exchange of goods. You offer something the other person values for something you value. Best case the thing he values is something you have a lot of and don't value and he can't get elsewhere and the thing you want is something he doesn't value which you can get readily elsewhere. Worst case is you are offering something he doesn't value or can easily get and you want something precious to him.

So try to look at it from the guy's point of view, what do you offer and what do you want and how does HE value those things, not you, him?

What Girls Said 3

• good luck with that lol

• I don't think that's possible at the moment Hun x

• It's not where you meet them it's the type of guys you are meeting/attracted to.