Arranged marriage?

What do you think of arranged marriage , specially in arab countries?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a Muslim Middle East girl and on top of da Pathan... My family only dose arranged marriage even tho I live in USA and has been here my whole life I still can't choose for myself... My family is doing my marriage with someone da my parents like someone da they chose... I don't like him at all I don't want him I even told my parents I'll never be happy with him but they just ignore me...: arranged marriage sucks even Islam gives you the rights to marry who you like but people don't follow da...

What Guys Said 17

• I don't like the idea of someone else deciding how I will live my life.

• sounds like a nightmare honestly. Id rather die alone.

• im egyptian we have this here
    i dont like the idea , lucky me i`m a guy and no one can force me to do anything
    but i`ve seen some girls liking the idea and sometimes its the only choice they have.

• that's a serious mood ring you got on

• Arranged marraine is stupid like really stupid thing , but it's not that big ratio in my country

• I only know of 1 guy. Kashmiri. Frankly, I'm not sure he'd have had much of a fighting chance without it.

• I support it!

Though I understand the issues with it too.

• I dont know about the arab world, but we do have arranged marriages here in India and neither me, nor my friends or relatives are a fan of that.

• I hate them ! No way I'd ever consent to one.

• I think it' crazy.

• I don't think it's right

• its ridiculous.

• It doesn't feel comfortable. I wouldn't appreciate loving a person I haven't met before.

• an abomination...

• arabs are a bit backward, so it figures.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• This probably makes me a bad person who's going to hell, but, I don't see ANYTHING wrong with cheating on an arranged marriage.

My whole thoughts on arranged marriage pretty much start and end there. The whole concept is so foreign, and so weird, to me that I've never bothered to give it any further consideration.

Personally, I would rather die a long, slow, excruciatingly painful death than suffer an arranged "marriage". Hell no.

• I'd never want an arranged marriage for myself. I'm sure that they work for some people, but I would never wish the decision of who I spent the rest of my life with to be made by anyone other than myself.

• even tho its not only in arab countries and more common than you think... am personally against it cause someone wanted to arrange one for me... and am like ''pffffff no!''

• okay if they aren't forced, like if the child goes "hey ma & pa, can u arrange a marriage for me" then that's fine but not like those bollywood movies where the daughter runs away to be with her true love

• It takes away your rights to live your own life.