I told my friend I care for her and like her and she doesn't respond?

I figured me telling her I like her would be the right thing to do. I wasn't sure if she liked me but I wasn't telling her expecting her to say she likes me back which I told her in the text.. but she didn't even respond and then says she typed something out but she's not gonna send that.. So I'm thinking like I told you this trying to be a good friend so you know and you don't even respond to it.. She said it caught her off guard and she doesn't know what to say.. I told her to tell me what she originally said and she read the text and didn't respond.. so ig we wasn't friends like how I thought i mean if she liked me back that's cool but I have other things I'm focused on in life right now I just felt that was the mature thing to do.. I've known this girl for over 5 years also we went to middle and high school together.. Her not sending her original message means to me she typed something to me mean and hurtful so oh well I lost a "friend" Ig i still care about her but I don't chase nobody friendship or relationship so whatever

What Girls Said 1

• Your friend doesn't like you.

What Guys Said 2

• Yep, she only likes you as a friend. If you can't accept that then you need to forget and move on.

• Well I actually did the same thing, told a girl I liked her over text lol. The only difference is I'm a bit younger than you and I have not known the girl I told as long as you have (We were not friends to begin with). "Note:* There was no other way I could have done so other than text, as we no longer had the same classes together, which that was where I met her through school ;3 Anyways I don't think I would have been able to tell her in person either way, as this girl I'm talking about is the beautifulist girl I know... But long story short she actually replied, and she said we should "Definitely" talk more in person because I was an amazing person in her eyes, blah, blah, blah. "I mean I did impress her a couple of times I believe ;)". So before I even dare tell her that I liked her, I at least knew she had noticed me before. But now its been good between us, its not like we are dating or anything now lol but we keep in touch and who knows what will happen. but at least she knows now, no biggy. Regarding your question I think the girl your talking about isn't replying because she thinks it will make it worst or her response will hurt your feelings, because like the girl above with me. If it was a positive she would have no problem replying and telling YOU! So I'm sorry but I think she does not feel the same, and I'm proud of you for doing what you thought was right. You definitely did not do anything wrong, you were simply telling a girl "friend"of yours that you like her and care for her... But she definitely inst responding as well as I would imagine and would hope for you, but you don't need people like that in your life. People who will not at least be nicer and honest to the people who go out of their way to actually say that they like them. So keep doing you, and Good Luck!