GUYS: Would you let go of a girl because of her height?

I am really interested in a guy who is a bit shorter than me. I don't mind it I'm afraid that he minds it. He usually dates shorter girls. I know he is really attracted to me , but sometimes I feel that he feels a little insecure around me when he notices that I'm taller :( He is a manly man.. so I thought maybe it's bothering him. I guess he would want a shorter girl to make him feel more in charge.
Does he hesitate taking things further because of my height?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this is only for guys but.., don't be afraid! If he really is interested in you the height really won't matter ;) I'm 5'11 and my boyfriend is 5'4 and we've been going out for almost 5 months.

• Wow that's so sweet! I like when couples look past their differences and make it work. Thank you :) you sure cheered me up

• No problem! I hope it works out well for you :)

• Firstly hiw are you comfortable with soo soo shorter man? Secondly how is he ok with being with such huge woman?๐Ÿ˜ž

Sponsored

What Guys Said 17

• To be honest, I have dated women across the height range. But being a short guy (5'2) I've been rejected because of my height enough times that if I meet a girl taller than I am, I automatically feel like I don't have a chance. Negative reinforcement, I know. So if a tall chick is into me, then she'd have to make the move.

So, make the move.

• If she made the move and you like her would you not mind her being taller? Cuz this guy knows I'm attracted to him. BUT I feel his uneasiness sometimes...

• Ok I will do my best! Thanks a lot :)

• My pleasure. :)

• I'm quite short myself and taller girls aren't really my preference, but I wouldn't mind making an exception if I really liked her!

• No, height isn't an important enough factor to let a girl go. It's superficial.

• I hope he has the same mindset

• Thank you! :)

• Sureโ˜บ๏ธ

• I am gonna marry a taller girl.

• No, I wouldn't. But on a more important note, you should casually ask him something related to it. Because you're never going to know the real answer until you ask him about it

• Why would I let go of a girl if I was already started dating her in the first place? If I had a problem with her height, I wouldn't have started with her in the first place.

• Personally, I'm into taller girls so no.

• No way! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Looks matter very little to me. I do admit I find tall girls sexier, but unless she's about half my hight I'd probably date her in a heartbeat if her personality seemed like my type in girls. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• I wouldn't let a girl go just because she's tall but some guys are too insecure to date a girl who's taller than them

• I'd only let go of her if she was a lot taller than me.

• This seems like a duplicate question. Short answer. A girls height doesn't matter.

• Im 5.9 she's way shorter than me i can't wish she were taller cause i like her and accept her the way she is

• If she's way too short for me then yeah

• This question is very derpy.

• Yes I would never ever talk to a girl who is my height or taller forget about dating her Ni mater how nice of a person she is I will NEVER be friendly with her. I don't wanna feel inferior and effeminate next to her.
    Anyway why don't you have any problems with his shirt height?
    What's your height?

• I wouldn't let a taller girl go if I'm really attracted to her. From what your saying it seems like he is bothered that ur taller than him, despite being attracted to you. If you want him that much then I think you should make your move. Here is my advice and I'm not joking, go hug him with love, kiss hims neck, side of the face, and tell him u want him. I hope this could cure his insecurity. I'm a short guy, but a taller girl won't prevent me from anything, but I'm in the military and I'm different to most guys, I have more gut and less dating options. He prolly have less guy and more dating options than me so that's why I gave u such advice.

• Thanks :) That makes sense... he is a cute guy chicks like him very much even taller ones like me haha. But now that we are developing feelings for each other you start questioning this... I think he is questioning being with me and I'm thinking my height is a factor in that...

• From what you said, height seems to be the factor. But it doesn't matter what it is; my advice should help for anything he is insecure of. He is a cute guy and has many dating options, u should make your move to try to even up with the other girls. It is always competitive to be a cute guy's girlfriend.

• Yeah maybe but if you don't mind then he shouldn't

What Girls Said 2

• Dunno how we're defining "manly man" here, but, anyone who'd actually be off-put by something as trivial -- and as uncontrollable -- as someone's height would hardly qualify for the label of "manly".
    I mean... if there's one thing that ISN'T "manly", that would be insecurity. Especially insecurity about stupid shit. LOL

I am almost 3 inches taller than my husband, and I'm a shoe whore, which means I'm standing 8 or even 9 inches over his head when we go out.
    Doesn't matter at all -- I feel like a little girl next to him, always have, always will.
    I mean... we've been married for over 15 years, together for over 16 years, and no one has ever so much as even shot a disapproving or quizzical glance in our direction. Let alone tried to throw hate.

In any case, how tall are you? How tall is he?
    Most men are taller than most women, so, if he "usually dates shorter girls", that probably doesn't mean ANYTHING as far as his preferences are concerned.
    The average young-ish woman in North America is about 5'4". So, in all likelihood, "he usually dates shorter girls" probably just means "he dates girls of completely random height".
    "He usually dates shorter girls" would ONLY be significant if he himself is shorter than about 5'5". Or if the girls he dates are all REALLY short (like 5'0" or shorter), to where it's an obvious pattern.

• I'm 5'6 and he is around 5'4 ... so I guess there is a pattern. I was totally fine with the situation until I noticed that he feels much more comfortable around women shorter than him :( Now I feel awkward anytime we see each other. And when there are minor issues I wonder if it's because of my height. Like he likes me very much but I sense some hesitation and it bothers me... It's wonderful to hear that you and your husband made it work and plus you are wearing heels!!! I was ready to give up on those for him :D What should I do in a situation like this? I found everything I like in him but he is shorter... Cupid works in strange ways. I feel silly letting him go because of this minor issue but at the same time I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable.

• Well... to be fair, *most* women are pretty well closed off to dating guys who are shorter than them. It's not really a sentiment that I understand -- and it's a good thing I don't, since I'm usually the tallest person in the room when I'm dressed to go out -- but, I know it's an EXTREMELY widespread sentiment.
      I think that most of these women are really just looking for a man with a strong and protective vibe, and that they'd go for a shorter guy if he transmitted enough of that vibe... but, eh. The point is that the VAST majority of women just don't go for guys who are shorter than they are.

So... he probably knows this, and that's the reason why he hesitates to approach you.

I mean, if I were you, I'd PREFER if the boy just had a "fuck-it" attitude and would go ahead and just talk to you anyway. But, if he's hesitating, that's almost certainly the reason.

I think you will just have to be more forward with yr intentions than you're used to.

• One of my close guy friend is about 6'4. He likes shorter chics. A girl i used to know is also shorter than her current partner. there's way more females i know who have a taller male partner. maybe he feels unfortable with a chic taller than himself, i hope you might have had asked him how it makes him feel despite him being attracted to you, it maybe making feel intimidated at the samed time

• I'm kinda avoiding that question because I don't want him to think that it bothers me. I just hope he says something about it. He did joke about him being short though... so I sense that he is sees it as an issue. Societal standards are killing me..