Friends with benefits advice?

I've been in a friends with benefits situation with a guy for almost a year now, and it's been going good so far. This is the first friends with benefits I've ever had, and the reason I don't want a relationship right now is because the last few relationships I've had have ended terribly and I think I need a break from those, and I am about to possibly move across the country for school. So, I thought this would be the perfect situation for me right now. However, It's getting difficult because I think I'm starting to catch feeling of some sort. I'm sure it's just because this is my first time doing something like this and I just need to get used to it. But I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to deal with things like getting emotional, jealousy, etc?
Thanks guys.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Just enjoy what you have, if he has any respect for you he will take your feelings as a human into consideration. I did gain feelings for a friends with benefits in the past however it just slowly diminished and I really appreciated him and loved the person he was. I'm glad we didn't date realistically because I wasn't ready to he had more things to consider than I do in my life and we still are really respectful of each other. He was literally the greater person I could've ever decided to involve myself with on that level.

• In my advice, you won't get use to it and your feeling will only go deeper if you keep being friends with benefits with him. You can't deny as the emotion thing already there. I had friends with benefits before and once I found myself caught feeling, I quit at once. The very number one rule in friends with benefits :: Sex ONLY, 0% emotion. Anyone who break the rule either confess or quit. This is the situation now. So this is a game not for everyone. The only thing you can do is, either tell him you are done. Or let him know your feeling if you feel like you want a relationship with him. If not, it just won't work... good luck.. :)

• Almost a year? A good rule for friends with benefits - don't carry on with the same person for more than 3-4 months, especially if they're the only person you have an arrangement with. You're bound to start having some feelings; it's biology. If I were you, I'd cut my losses and find someone else before it gets worse.