I am 24 and wasting my life away?

I just woke up and I completely wasted my 23rd year! OMG , I did nothing but being broke and living at my crazy mothers house, I am so depressed... im working on my drivers license instead of moving out! I should have moved out a long time ago! Do I have time to fix my life and friends! my friends are a bad influence... my mom too, they do jackshit... im scared that after 25 I am screwed... I suck at making priorities..

Most Helpful Guy

• The first step is knowing that you want to go in a new direction. This will happen all through your life, not just here. This age... is a high change area and so I applaud you for figuring out that you need a change to get into a more healthy environment. Many have done it before you, and you can do it. I'm not saying it is easy.
    Yes you have a solid 60yrs, so you have plenty of time, and this can be done inside of a few. Just getting to a place where you have positive and supportive friends and work you enjoy will help. Seriously, consider going to church... it isn't perfect, many flawed people there, but if when you start to get it, it feeds you back and you give from that... it is good once you "get it".

Seriously consider getting a counselor when you can afford it. All that crap you just dealt with... early in life... its gonna warp your view of the world. That needs cleaned up. Some of that can be done on your own and over time, but counseling can help, or reading books on relationships and such until you have the funds.

Its the first day of the start of the rest of your life, yes, you can do it and do it so it is a great journey!

I'm sorry your mom sucks.

give more clarity on your scenarios and can try to provide more detail. Where are you?

If you feel bad that you wasted a year... then count yourself lucky, I've talked to peole who say they've wasted a lot more than that...8-15+. That viewpoint and discovery is depressing as hell isn't it! Now if you can change your mindset a bit and realize that all that suffering and wasting of time... was what was neccessary "fuel" to get you to change your life... if you discovered something of value about yourself, your mom (even that she is mentally ill and didn't see it before), that your friends were sucking the life out of you, that there is goodness somewhere int he wrold... whatever... then that WAS NOT A WASTED YEAR! That was one of the most valuable ones wasn't it! :) So now that you went through the hard work of making the decision, now you can focus on the best part... discovering the real you, being the real you, learning, changing and growing. ITS GONNA BE AWSOME.!

I love this "break out" song for this very concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngNU9XjO5-Q

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 24 too. And I'm unemployed I'm looking for a job. I have no car. I have a driver's permit. So if you are employed at least you are off to a good start. I was lucky enough to get free therapy but sometimes I can't go because I rarely have money for transportation

Just do your best and don't give up

• I'm going to a university in August

What Guys Said 8

• You still have time to change things around. Just make some goals for yourself and keep working to achieve them. Just don't give up but, keep trying to you achieve them.

• Life will pass you by if you let it. It's up to you to make the most of it. If you want something better you're going to have to work for it. It won't be easy, doing nothing is the easy route, but you can succeed if you want it bad enough.

• 24 is nothing you can always start fresh , walk Disney got broke more than a couple of times and still made it back

• you're aware.. that's the important thing.. you know your problems.. what's stopping you from dealing with them?
    don't rush things.. work by these words "SLOW BUT SURE"
    one step is to get a better job.. and immediately get away from the bad friends.. and FOCUS on you

• Don't panic. Eat your meals at regular intervals, work out every day, get your driver's license, get a job, sleep 6 hours at night... You'll be fine. Just keep calm and carry on.

• You going to school boyo? I'd work on getting a car and just getting out of your house.

• yeah I am , officemanagement but it sucks, its a sucky degree

• why is it harder after 30?

• Should she get a car first or go to college first?

• I feel the same way you feel at the age of 34

• Dude im 25 i dropped out of law school had my life resolved now im wondering how i ended up in my dads house living with him and his wife -_-

What Girls Said 7

• At least U aren't on drugs or anything. And do you know how many ex college kids had to move back in with their parents? Things could be worse... instead of a license u could look into getting a motorcycle license so u can get a bike and have way lower insurance and gas costs.

• You're young and you have a lot of years ahead of you. Get into a universitt or a community college, find a good job, get out of her house and live the life that you want. It doesn't take much. Just a few small steps. Good luck! :)

• You know, you have the internet as your only resource, you can make money off the internet. :P

• You haven't wasted your life away. You are too young to be having a midlife crisis. Just chill out.

• aw... it's going to be okay, Angela. please hang on. I suggest seeing a professional about your depression... do you have any career plans? anything you want to study?

• You're still young, you have time to improve.

• I can't drive either!!! Should I try to get mine too? :) Just try to put some money in a savings account and go to a community college... if you don't have a job--get one or even try Job and Family Services. Find some friends to room with and get out! "It's never too late."--3 Days Grace =) Rock on!!!