Girls, what does it mean when you don't want to make a guy jealous?

Like she says that she's hanging out with her friends and she would specify that they are girls. When I asked her who she was calling she told me it was her friend, specifying that it was a girl.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I do that when I like someone or am seeing someone. I do not want them to think I am seeing other people or make them worry about that. I want them to trust me because I want them to take me seriously. If I am dating someone who I think is a good guy, I want him to know I am a good girl. I would think if I acted like all these guys want me or I am seeing other people a guy is going to treat me like a girl who is hanging out with a bunch of men. No game playing for me.

What Girls Said 13

• She likely just wants to not come across as wanting to make you jealous and don't want you to feel threatened. She could do this out of likeness for you romantically OR cause she's just a honest type of person.

• But I was always jealous before. She knows I'm jealous. So what's the conclusion?

• If you were jealous then it sounds like she is trying to be considerate for your feelings.

• I understand. But would that mean she likes me?

• Well, my thoughts to *this* situation, is that she thinks you'd be jealous of her hanging out with girls just because they're girls and she's not hanging out with you instead. For me personally, not wanting to make someone jealous would entail that you hung out with someone a lot more than you did with the person you're in a relationship with. Like you were closer than with the person you were dating and so on. It also seems that people say it when [including myself at times] when they hang out with those of the sex of their current partner as to not make them jealous when hanging out with other men/women and then making their partner feel inadequate. Just my opinion though! Hope it helps!

• It sounds like she just doesn't want you to worry. Is this a girl that you're dating? If so then she is probably putting in that extra effort to make sure that you don't feel worried or threatened in regards to her loyalty.

If it's not a girl you're dating I think it could definitely be a sign that she's interested in you. By specifying that she's not talking to or hanging out with another guy she could be trying to tell you that you're the only guy she's been speaking to or has interest in.

Either way I think she's being considerate and that this isn't a bad thing :)

• i means i respect him

• I wouldn't do that if I was seeing a guy and I was hanging with my friends then I'm hanging with my friends. If they happen to be guys who cares I wouldn't care if he's hanging with girls, I would expect him to trust me to not do anything like I would trust him.

• She might just like being specific.

• she respects him

• That maybe they just dont want you to think something thats not true?

• When a girl doesn't want to make a guy jealous, it means that the girl doesn't want any drama between you and her. It could also mean that she is a nice person who doesn't like putting you through emotional pain and serious paranoia. She just wants to have a nice, comfortable, not dramatic relationship.

• She knows you get jealous and wants to make sure that you don't suspect her of anything. It means she really cares about you.

• When I do that it means I like the guy and want him to know that there are no other guys in my life.

• There's no way I could know for sure if whether she likes you or not, because every girl is different and shows different signs of flirting. If she knew that you have been jealous of her before, then maybe that's why she specifically states that she hanging out with other girls because she doesn't want you to get jealous. I don't know sounds like she's trying to be a good friend, doesn't mean she likes you.

• It means she doesn't care

• But she knows I'm jealous before. she made me before a lot of times.