Would you think a girl is less trustworthy if many guys are interested in her?

Let's say you like a girl. Wherever you go people always flirt with her. Would you blame her for other people's flirting behavior? Would it bother you? I am asking this because the guy I like gets annoyed when people flirt with me. He will ignore me afterwards and flirt with other girls on purpose.
I am very sociable person but I always make sure other guys can see that I only like him. They do see it but they are still flirting with me, even his friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Then he's immature and dumb. I get where he's coming from though, because I've been that way before. You think that the person you like is giving off welcoming or inviting signals that make it seem like it's okay to flirt with them, so you get upset because you think they're actively doing something to invite the attention. But the truth is, that isn't always the case. You can't fully control what other people see or do. However, the way he responds to this by flirting with other people on purpose is silly.

• Yea it's not cool that he reacts by flirting with other girls. Makes me feel very bad for something I did not intend to do.

• Thanks for MH, I hope things work out for you guys!

• You were right about the immature and dumb thing. I'm gonna ignore his ass and look for something better :) it ain't easy in this dating world, even if you have good intentions.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm very trusting, so unless she showed any interest back, the effect might be building my pride for having her. Especially if she mentioned me to them, like "Sorry, but I'm taken. By boyfriend is over there."

• Wouldn't bother me, neither would i blame her. While i wouldn't ignore you (childish) i'd keep my options open and talk to other women certainly. Always been taught to give out as much interest as i get - That means if you give me only 75% of your attention, you'll only get 75% of mine.

• I wouldn't hold her responsible for other guys flirting with her, but i would hold her responsible for how she handles those situations.

• How should a girl handle a situation like that?

• He is not my boyfriend yet. That's why I can't say that. Rejecting as harshly and bluntly as possible is not a reasonable thing to expect from a girl. You are at social gathering, you can't go around being rude to people.

• Then make him your boyfriend so you can say it.

Also, i think being rude is warranted when a guy has the nerve to insist on a girl that he knows is taken.

• As long as I am the only one getting with her who cares

• I probably would. You just shouldn't let them flirt with you. They can't flirt with you if you are not responding.
    My fisrt girlfriend sometimes used to flirt with guys when i was in the same area.. Used to call them sweet names she never said to me... When we broke up she accused ME of cheating!
    In my experience, these kind of girls are the worst kind and im not wasting my yime on one ever again

• It depends on the situation, is she going to start sleeping with all of the guys or is she just getting looks from them?

• sleeping with all the guys is a bit extreme. If I like someone I'm only interested in that person. But this guy gets jealous when other people show interest in me... he probably thinks I am causing that interest on purpose.

• That's good. He shouldn't be because you're not going to be sleeping with them, just make sure he earns your trust though.

What Girls Said 1

• guys like this piss me off.
    just because guys flirt with us or want us doesn't mean we want them.
    they should be flattered their woman could have any man and she only wants him

• This! But they think it's you who makes them flirt with you... you don't even have to do much. Even a simple hello with a smile will make him think that you are flirting back.

• it's crazy. they want us to be rude to everyone.
      they dont get it makes us feel bad that they think we're "asking for it" when we're just being sociable, polite and 100% faithful

• I agree with you 100%