Should I run as soon as I see a red flag?

So I've decided to start dating again after breaking up with my ex acouple months ago. I really don't want to be hurt again so as soon as I see something I don't like should I just run? Recently this one guy I was talking to did something that rubbed me the wrong way, so Immedialty cut him off. I used to give guy chances but I feel like I shouldn't anymore. Is this a good thing to just run at the first red flag?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all personal preference, and really learn what red flags are deal breakers as you go along and date more people. Here's what I recommend. Go on a few casual dates with guys, don't become exclusive with anyone, and you probably shouldn't hit the sack with any or at least most of them. Just get a feel of what different people are like. If you meet someone you really like, I'd keep at it, but if they throw a huge red flag- like clinginess is the thing I can't handle, then yeah, it might be best to move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, if you aren't interested in a man with kids then you did the right thing. You're not out of line. Everyone has their own "deal breakers" and they aren't wrong to have. It's only wrong to lead someone on if they have one and you don't say/do anything right off the bat.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, I would. However, be sure to know the difference between a "red flag" and a minor flaw or quirk.
    I made the same mistake with a girl who ended up being incredible. She said something that made me cringe, so I immediately cut off communication. 2 years later I found out that the day we went out, she was just having a bad day.

• Everyone has flaws, but if its a clear dealbreaker then its not a problem.

• Well make sure it is a red flag first.. Being hurt is not fun I understand..

• Well this one guy had two young kids and when we were suppose to hang out he couldn't even pick me up. My first red flag was him having the kids, so I told him we could only be friends. I'm 21 I honestly don't have time to raise others kids.

• Well I guess that was an obvious red flag... He probably had a wife too...

What Girls Said 0