Where can I find men who want a relationship instead of casual sex?

I'm in college and most guys here want to hookup. I want a boyfriend with whom I can have a long term relationship. I've tried dating sites but they're all also looking for casual sex.
I'm disappointed.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had the same problem when I was in college. Dated 3 women. The first two just wanted to "have fun." The 3rd wanted a serious relationship. We dated for 4 years, but she was a bit too crazy for my liking.
    The best thing you can do is get to know them as a friend first. Get them to open up and tell you about what they want in a person.

What Guys Said 20

• In my opinion part of the problem is guys assume most girls have put out easy for other guys so they want to try and get the same deal.

• Have you tried connecting with somebody who is smart. You are going to find that people that conduct themselves in an educated manner are going for more that sex.

• Focus on college. There will be guys that want it you just haven't found them. Have you tried asking guys out? Example if you wait for the guys that ask you, they will likely only be looking for sex, the shy guys are more likely to want a relationship (in my opinion anyway). It will also come as guys get older. Most guys in college have enough going on they don't want a relationship on top of it all.

• Sadly you may have to wait a few years, takes a while for guys to mature and grow up. Most guys that age prefer one nights stands over one romantic nights. Which is a shame because one nights are empty and they dont know what their missing. Most people take it for granted until its too late. Romance if dont right can be amazing

• Tell them straight up at the start you want a serious relationship? There a lot of guy out there. There no way most just want sex.

• because at your age that is mostly all men want. This doesn't apply to all men, but a decent majority. When us men get older our priorities change. This is why i didn't marry until i was 31

• You look for guys that actually have a head on thier shoulderes, they normally aren't the ones partying they are normally the ones who are quite happy having a night in

I'm not much of a party goer, i don't mind the odd party here or there, but that's just not me, i see it as a bit pointless; i'm very mature for my age, i'm a 23 year old with the maturity of a 30 year old... it's a struggle at times

• Date older guys, Asian guys, religious guys, nonpopular guys.

Yes you're gonna have to be a bit unconventional if u wanna get a serious relationship at that age. Most hot guys (i'm assuming you're going for attractive guys) at that age want to have fun.

• Nope nope nope. I can tell you right now that even "older" men such as those in their 40s these days are only looking for hookups. Believe me... I know. And for instance I've known plenty of Asian guys who are this way too so that does not apply either.

Just saying... its a jungle out there, no matter the age/ race!

• date older men.

• Well its normal because peoples want sex its natural order. You can't find something like you want. You can find emotional boyfriend but he would be a gay.

• Tinder.. LOL not srs

• College is just the next stage of high school if you are willing to go into debt or your parents pay for you. So like on high school - you are doubly to find any men that would be a respectful husband. Worst until the rea world.

• Where do you go IRL?

I haven't had any luck with dating sites.

• It makes more sense to start off with casual sex than to commit to a full on relationship.

• Everywhere. Just everywhere.

• i hope you will find
    if i was there, i would be one for you :p
    i am a virgin lol, i won't have sex with anyone thats not my wife

• Have you tried church?

• Greenland 😨

• On another planet. Its funny how guys changed from wanting long term relationships in the past to just having causal sex. Its hard to find a guy like that. Funny how feminism was supposed to make women feel to not look like sexual objects but men today see women mostly as sex objects even more today than in history.

• Older guys, less attractive guys, they ar everywhere, you just don't notice them.

What Girls Said 3

• You just have to keep looking I guess. They're in those places, maybe just haven't found them yet. Try the library

• Try friends of friends church neighbor or join a club

• No where