Meeting boyfriends mom for the first time at her birthday party, should I bring a gift?

My boyfriends mom invited me to her birthday party, I'm nervous I wanna make a good impression, I was only planning on going for a bit, Should I get her a gift? I know she loves bath and body works should I just get her a gift card? by the way if I did what would be a good amount to add on to the card.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you should. I would skip the gift card though. Maybe make her a little gift basked from Bath and Body Works. Bring your boyfriend along so he can pick out the lotions, sprays, etc. that she likes. That alone should tell her that you're a keeper.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes get her a present it's not polite to show up empty handed especially to a birthday. Try to figure out the scents she likes and make her a basket with bath and body work products it makes it seemed like you actually thought about her. Retail me not has a lot of coupons.

• How much items should I pick for the basket like 4? Is it the ones that they wrap in plastic bags?

• Okay so TAHITI ISLAND DREAM is really popular it's fruity but mature it's not overly sweet and it smells clean.
      Top Notes: Fresh Coconut Water, Sparkling Mandarin, Golden Pear, Kiwi Blossom
      Mid Notes: Jasmine Petals, Water Lily, Lush Frangipani
      Dry Notes: Tahitian Vanilla Musk, Skin Amber, Australian Sandalwood

• Another scent that is very popular around that age group is Japanese cherry blossom.

Top Notes: Asian Pear, Fuji Apple, Ume Plum
      Mid Notes: Japanese Cherry Blossom, Butterfly Lily, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals
      Dry Notes: Vanilla Rice, Imperial Amber, Silk Musk, Cinnamon Incense, Himalayan Cedarwood, Creamy Sandalwood

What Guys Said 1

• Why not just do it jointly? One present from you and her son

What Girls Said 4

• I think a gift card would be a nice gift. It's her birthday so I think a gift is acceptable. Something small like $20 or $25 dollars would be enough in my opinion. I'm sure she'll be appreciative of anything though. :)

• Yes definately! but dont get her a gift card. Get her an actual bath and body works basket. tgatll make a great impression.

• Bring her a hostess gift but nothing exorbitant.

• You should definitely buy her a gift for her birthday party!! :) Maybe 30 dollars on the gift card? :) I'm a bit of a cheapo so it really depends how generous you are, lol :P