If a guy has been approached by a girl does that mean he's super attractive?

I am not talking about a night club or party where people are drunk and everyone is coming onto everyone. I mean in a place like a supermarket. If a girl goes up to a guy and asks him if he'd wants to go out with her, does that mean that the guy is at the top tier of attractiveness.

The reason I am asking is because girls are notoriously known for not making a first move. Girls are not like guys in that regard, a guy who has some confidence will see a girl who's merely cute and go up to her. So if a girl does approach a guy in that manner does it mean he's much better looking than the average that she stepped outside her comfort zone to try?
In other words is there truth to the notion that girls dont just approach an average dude?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, lol.
    I've said this a lot, but it's really common here for girls to go up to guys.
    Some of my friends will approach a guy who I'll think is unattractive, but they'll think he's really cute.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it's probably more like you are attractive but not so attractive as to be intimidating. Women are at least as likely as men to think they have no chance with a guy whose attractiveness is too much higher than theirs and really super attractive girls don't cold approach. They have a good look around you first.

What Girls Said 2

• obviously not hahahahah girls have tastes and preferences, what is attractive to one girl isn't attractive to other girls

the guy who was asked out was probably deemed attractive enough for her to want to date him, that's not to say he's like wowww gorgeous

• Maybe... Or it may be whatever confidence or positive vibe he is oozing.

What Guys Said 3

• Nah. Woman all have different taste and preferences. But you are correct, women are usually not one to make the first move, so that raise some red flags.

Is this your first time? then you can just say it purely a fluke. If however, girl are constantly asking you out/making the first move, then yes, you can definitely say that you are in the top tier of attractiveness.

• Depends if she's attractive. If Adriana Lima approached you then you're probably decent.

• No, it only means that the girl is desperate