Is He Taking It Slow? Im 23, he's 42?

Ok, I have already posted a question regarding our four dates - now coming our fifth. I don't need to hear rude comments like daddy issues, or he's too old. I know what I like and I am 23, entrepreneur who makes a good amount of money, who finds it hard to date... now that I got that out of the way lol

We have been to restaurants every time with expensive wine, and I love our dates but I am dying to spend more time with him where we can do something casual, like maybe a walk or a museum. He has never been inappropriate with me regarding provocative comments or anything. He actually is a gentleman and on our last date he was more touchy and gave me a kiss on the lips before I got into my cab. I told him I was not a quick kinda girl and prefer to know someone first, and he was totally respectful of that. I just don't know how i am going to get to "know" him in such a loud public setting.

He reached out to me since our last date, and he has already planned the fifth which is to a beer garden restaurant (he knows I LOVE beer). I don't know what to make of whats going on, the last time I dated I was 17 and in High School. I've been working so much I never had time to get to know my self as the "23" year old I am.

How come we are approaching five dates and we are still eating and drinking? Is anything going to be more romantic, or maybe more intimate in terms of conversation? Some suggestions? I just don't know if he feels this is what I want to do cause i'm young or he doesn't want to explore further...

Most Helpful Guy

• Make the suggestion of doing something on your next date that involves some activity to get you closer to one another and requires physical contact.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well to be honest sounds like you haven't made any suggestions for other dates either. You can ask him and tell him you want to spend time inside, perhaps at his place or yours. He could just be suggesting these eating and drinking dates because he really likes you and doesn't want to push you to where you're not comfortable or feeling like you two are moving too fast.

What Guys Said 5

• Taking it slow? He better hurry up, dude got 1 foot in the grave.

• I know I don't really understand how one is supposed to get to "know" someone over loud alcohol and good food, I feel he may just love the attention of being seen with me in public, maybe he is insecure?

• right? thats how i'm starting to feel

• Sounds terrible to me

• Tell him you don't like loud restaurants, and ask him if you can go to a reaturant where you can spend some time and talk -- maybe something with outside seating where the tables are pretty far apart? A gold course? Or at the beach/bay/lake?

• I think he's picking relaxed dates where there's time to talk in public settings to move slowly.

Either invite HIM on a date of your choosing, or after dinner, suggest going for a walk.

• How hilarious another girl who wants to date somebody twice their age lmao hope his hip doesn't break.

• lol... 42... and 23... your dad must love this! hahaha... do you have older brothers?

this is hilarious.. your gonna be 35 and he is like 85 years old! hHAHAHAH!!!

What Girls Said 5

• Suggest what you want. Be like do you like me? I really like you. Want to go to my place and watch a movie. Hands on his thighs kids etc

• You said you wanted to take things slow.

That's what he's doing.

Where's the problem.
    O______O

• He could be your dad. xD

• I dont wanna read it all but you go girl lol

• Why don't you suggest something you'd like to do then if you want to go to a museum or a walk?