I take rejection bad?

Every rejection I have taken I take it bad, I don't lash out or get mad at the girl in fact I'm pretty calm and tell her I understand, but I feel bad about myself and it really affects my mental state.

It's starting to discourage me from trying with girls and not trying = lonely life and death.

How can I take it better so I don't get discouraged

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the issue is you're hanging too much on romantic relationships. Yes they can be wonderful, but you need to get out of the mindset that you'll be miserable and lonely without them.

Maybe focus on building a close group of friends if you don't have that already (trust me, I know that's easier said than done; but it's never a bad idea, and having friends means you'll always have a support network rather than emotionally relying on just one person). If you have friends who you trust, talk to them about how you feel and what it's like for you having girl troubles. They'll likely have experienced similar, and they'll want to help you feel better. Just having someone to bounce your thoughts off and knowing you're cared about can make a really big difference.

Take good care of yourself, in general but especially after some kind of rejection. Allow yourself some small treat. Give yourself some time to feel sad, but know that that feeling is temporary. And get comfortable with who you are, so you know that you're a worthy person regardless of what the people who've rejected you think. Not everyone's going to like you, and that can hurt but it doesn't mean you weren't good enough, as Dita Von Teese said “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.”

Be open to relationships, and definitely don't stop trying to find one, but balance it with other things in your life rather than making it your main goal; because it's not the be all and end all.

Good luck man <3

What Girls Said 2

• Just know you've got about 70 years of life left. It's not that serious.

• No one takes rejection well

What Guys Said 0